What's new

Hurricane Sandy!

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I worked all weekend getting emergency supplies out to the field!

For all those in the path!
Get outta town or hunker down!

Good luck and stay safe Brothers.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I wondered when someone would mention this major event. We are as ready as it can be. Generator is full, with a full backup gas can. 40 gallons of fresh water in the tank, and we finally hooked up the second battery for the RV. Before the rain hit I ran around and shoved more silicon in any cracks I could find. And enough food and beer for 2 weeks, even though we leave town later this week. If they even suggest evacuations-I'm hooked up and rolling out.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I'm ready (meaning I live on the part of our power grid connected to Wal-Mart). *shrug* Don't think it's gonna be *that* bad.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everyone affected by hurricane Sandy are in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully everyone stays safe and you all get through this safe and sound.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
If you lose power frequently and have access to either a big Propane tank or Natural Gas line... a Tri Fuel Generator is your friend. :) We will likely lose power here where I live (we have lost power 5 times in the last two years, 3 of those time for more than 2 days). I'm prepped with my genny ready to go to run my well, furnace, some lights and fridge.

To all those affected by Sandy... ride it out safe and don't take chances.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I'll be praying heavily for everyone affected.

Stay safe brothers...please don't try and surf any big waves on the Jersey shore or do like the local weathermen do and go out and stand in it.

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Stay safe everyone.
I just got word not to come in to work tomorrow but they asked that I stay close to the phone and email. I'm kinda shocked but the county issued a State of Emergency. I guess I'll just go to the cigar shop and stay plugged into my work email from there - unless we lose power.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I am hunkered down in the direct path of Sandy. Bad thing is I am in a hotel room and was not prepared for this. The people here said that the last few storms that came thru here were not that bad as expected. Famous last words if you ask me. Could not leave as I am working here. Hopefully I will not lose power and will just sit it out.