What's new

Hydra mod - calling BOTL DIY maniacs

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings! I really like my Hydra, now that I have switched to DW only in the reservoir and suppliment with a few bags of KL I can keep my footlocker humidor right at 66. It's noisey I know but I am happy with what I'm getting from it.

My biggest complaint with the thing is the orientation of the display - before I take this thing apart myself, is it even possible to somehow extend the LED readout in such a way that it could be mounted maybe flush with the exterior of a humidor? If I could buy an LED panel could I somehow patch it in and do two displays at once?

I am mocking up a new humidor project and think it would be really cool to have that red display showing.

Any ideas or advice is much appreciated.
Smoke what you like,
jp

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
JP,

Welcome to botl.org

It would help if you had some pictures on what you are trying to do. It would also be nice if you introduced yourself to the community in the intro section

If I understand what you are asking, you could possible cut out a window with a recessed lip on the inside and place a piece of plexiglass in there, caulk the edges inside and use a simple velcro adhesive to hold the display up to the inside of the new window you have made to monitor your display.

hope I am close to what you are asking

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa, that was my first post? Well - howdy!

I think the idea was to make a poor man's avallo, using the Hydra and somehow getting a remote copy of the display. A better idea after thinking about it is to just first sync and then mount a seperate digital hydrometer. I think that will be fine. I'll get a forum intro written up as well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking more like a small circuit board with a humidity sensor in it, attached to a small LED 2-digit display routed into the humidor exterior. So, instead of the round hydros you see on many humidors there is only the red 2-digit display. If it could be powered by a watch battery you'd be set.