What's new

Hygrometer calibration problem

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Guys

Trying to use a boveda one step calibration kit with a hygroset II digital. Temp has been around 73-75 and it's been in the calibration bag for like 48 hours now and the RH is reading 85%!!?

What do I do??

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good question, I'm not sure because I've never used one of those calibration kits before but i ordered one a few days ago and should get it soon. If I have any problems I will refer back to this thread. Hopefully someone that has more experience with those kits has an answer. Good luck!

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I believe you just turn the dial on the Hygro until it reads whatever RH the kit is (70 or 75 RH I think, should say on the boveda). Your hygro is then calibrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
if you are you using the One Step Boveda kit then it goal humidity is 75%, so set it at 75%. When you put in your humidor it should go to 70% (or less if your humidor is less). You might want to buy one of the Xikar Self Calibrating Digital hygrometers. Then you would just hit the calibrate button and do the work for you after you do the saline test or One Step kit. With your hygrometer it would be 10% too high, so you would need to subtract 10% in your head when looking at it.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
To calibrate the hygroset II, turn the small knob to adjust it to the correct RH and hit the reset button. The salt test and Boveda calibration kit both create a Humidity level of 75% so in this specific case you would turn the small knob 10 clicks counterclockwise and then hit the reset button. this should take it to 75%, matching the environment you have created in the calibration kit.

To be safe I would put it back in the bag and let it sit overnight. If it still reads 75% in the morning you are good. If it reads higher or lower than 75 you may need to do a fine tune (up or down) to get it to the correct humidity. Once you get it to 75% in the calibration kit you can then put it in your humidor and it will give you an accurate reading of the RH there.