What's new

HygroSet II digital problem... Help!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Hey guys,

I bought a digital HygroSet II hygrometer from CI last month which is the adjustable kind. I salt tested it a couple times to make sure it was an accurate reading and when I went to turn the adjustable knob to make it read 75%, the number wouldn't change. I pulled the battery out a few times to reset and tried a bunch of things, but no luck.

I contacted CI and just got a replacement. After doing another extensive salt test, I tried adjusting to 75% and it isn't moving again! I turn the knob but the number doesn't change. I haven't pushed the "lock" button at all and reset it again with no luck. :cursing:

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick I don't know about? I'm pretty pissed but was wondering if I need to do something the instructions aren't saying.

Please help! :help:

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
After you move adjustment knob you have to push the small reset button and then the display will change. Took me a little time to figure it out too. Good luck.

Each click on the knob should be 1% relative humidity and after you make adjustment push the small button. Display will change then you can do your salt test again to verify.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
After you move adjustment knob you have to push the small reset button and then the display will change. Took me a little time to figure it out too. Good luck.

Each click on the knob should be 1% relative humidity and after you make adjustment push the small button. Display will change then you can do your salt test again to verify.

Yep. what he said. You are not going to see the number change.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Step One: Buy from a BOTL sponsor
Step Two: No further problems
couldnt agree more. lets say you bought it from Heartfelt, Dave would have just told you how to use it correctly instead of shipping crap back and forth.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
couldnt agree more. lets say you bought it from Heartfelt, Dave would have just told you how to use it correctly instead of shipping crap back and forth.

yes, another nod for Dave. I have bought things in the past from him and he has always taken care of it. Hell, he even sent me another power strip for my humidor.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Great, thank you jwyatt55 and Plush for answering my question and helping me out... I really appreciate it! :thumbsup:

Regarding supporting a sponsor? I have paid $110 towards Heartfelt in the last month. I just started buying cigars seriously and have really only used a couple big online sources over the years before now. I bought this hygrometer on Aug 5th and then found this site (BOTL.org) and made my first post on Aug 6th. So sorry I didn't know about our sponsors when I made my purchase.

Thanks again to the people that helped me instead of making me feel like the new fat kid being teased in the corner. :crying:

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Great, thank you jwyatt55 and Plush for answering my question and helping me out... I really appreciate it! :thumbsup:

Regarding supporting a sponsor? I have paid $110 towards Heartfelt in the last month. I just started buying cigars seriously and have really only used a couple big online sources over the years before now. I bought this hygrometer on Aug 5th and then found this site (BOTL.org) and made my first post on Aug 6th. So sorry I didn't know about our sponsors when I made my purchase.

Thanks again to the people that helped me instead of making me feel like the new fat kid being teased in the corner. :crying:

Your very welcome! Make sure to verify after making adjustments because that knob can be a bit touchy.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0

Nobody is kidding you. Experience. Our guys are really good and stand behind their products. Not berating. Good luck.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Sorry for the trouble you are having with the Hygro Set.

When you turn the setting button the display will NOT move. If it does move that is just because it is reacting to the change in rh in the room. The adjustment knob will not make the display change. That is why it is very important to carefully count the clicks when you adjust it so you know how many percent you have changed it. Then press the set button after the correct number of clicks. I would then put it back in the test for 48 hours to make sure the correction was right.

David

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Sorry for the trouble you are having with the Hygro Set.

When you turn the setting button the display will NOT move. If it does move that is just because it is reacting to the change in rh in the room. The adjustment knob will not make the display change. That is why it is very important to carefully count the clicks when you adjust it so you know how many percent you have changed it. Then press the set button after the correct number of clicks. I would then put it back in the test for 48 hours to make sure the correction was right.

David[/QUOTE

what the hell do you know?