What's new

I’m moving!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Not that you probably missed me but I have been a little scarce around these parts lately. The main reason is that after 27 years I’m moving to a new place.

We were able to sell our current home at what I would consider the peak of the market and we were able to purchase our new place at a discounted price (we bought it from my Mother) so the financial impact was minimal, even with interest rates being higher lately. We sold the house in less than 48 hours for $10,000 over asking. Wow!

Anyways, I’ve been spending a lot of time getting the house ready to sell and then packing up 3 decades of crap that have been collected over the years which has kept me too busy to even sit down and have a smoke lately. That will hopefully change within the next couple of weeks though as we get settled in and I can finally find some time to relax.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Congrats on the sell and the new place!(y) But we need to talk about no time for a cigar BS The last timed I moved on e of my kids I had plenty of time to smoke a cigar while I was loading and unloading the moving truck :happy:

Rupe

Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Congratulations! How far from your former home is the new (Mom's) place?
It’s only about 15 minutes away so it’s been pretty easy to shuffle stuff over in my pickup. Basically on the other side of the smallish town (27,000 people) I live in.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy

Rupe

Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Minnesota. Do you have a heated, ventilated, smoking area?
Unfortunately not. Summer is quite comfortable outside but winter can get dicey. I end up smoking a lot in my car as a result.

I did smoke every now and then in the garage at my old place but I will probably refrain from doing that at the new place because the set up is different and I think there will be a much better chance of the smoke making it back into the house.