What's new

I am in the 98%, see if you are as well

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The first time I took this I said red hammer. It floored me. I actually went online to do research to figure out how this works. I found a post on a message board that had 100's of peoples answers. I think it's actually closer to 20% that say red hammer. That's still good considering all the combinations. The thought on why this works is that doing math (uses the logical side of your brain, therefore you are thinking less creatively) will make you say the more popular/common color and tool. It would be rare for someone to say pink drill press. Red and blue are the most popular colors and a hammer is the most common tool. That was the only explanation that made sense to me.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
FPDoc77 said:
The first time I took this I said red hammer. It floored me. I actually went online to do research to figure out how this works. I found a post on a message board that had 100's of peoples answers. I think it's actually closer to 20% that say red hammer. That's still good considering all the combinations. The thought on why this works is that doing math (uses the logical side of your brain, therefore you are thinking less creatively) will make you say the more popular/common color and tool. It would be rare for someone to say pink drill press. Red and blue are the most popular colors and a hammer is the most common tool. That was the only explanation that made sense to me.
You were thinking pink dress? :wtf: That may be in the .00001 percent.:agreeclen

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
If the main object would have been a blue hammer, here would be about 20-25% of the people. When I first read this e-mail from my wife, I guessed red hammer. As did my wife, her best friend that sent it to her, and the best friend husband who started the whole thing. We all got a kick out of it (stupid red freeking hammer).

Now if I can only get the friend to stop sending those stupid chain mail e-mail promising riches etc...

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Another Blue Wrench. Took this before and was in the 2% range then as well. 'Course I don't need no stinkin' test to tell me I have an abnormal mind..... I have a wife to do that!

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Red hammer here, even tho it doesnt seem to be the majority.... im sure the combination has something to do with fact that most of our tools on the fire dept are painted red.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
pdonlin said:
Red hammer here, even tho it doesnt seem to be the majority.... im sure the combination has something to do with fact that most of our tools on the fire dept are painted red.
:yes: That's my reason too and I am sticking to it. Tho my favorite fireman tool is the haligan. That thing is a one person wrecking tool.