What's new

I am super pissed and need to vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Remember that awesome sale that JR Cigars had last week with the $20 for a box of Room 101?

Yeah, I put in my order for 2 boxes on 8/1. On 8/3 I received an email that stated they needed to verify my age, no big deal i get it, but I had already done this before with them.

So I send em the pic via my phone (it didn't go through) I tried this 3 more times, still no luck.

Call them the next day and they gave me the customer service email to upload the drivers license, said it went through, ok cool.

Next day get another email stating it didn't go through (remind you, they already have my $$).

So I call them and the lady explains to me that my name is different on my license than what they have on file and this was throwing the whole system out of wack.

So I feel like everything is ok, and they even updated my info on their site, when they did this they lost all my previous orders and this one as well.....another quick email to cust service and they said they have put in a request to IT, and that my ODER HAS BEEN SHIPPED OUT.

Right at 5pm today I received another email that stated they have refunded my $.

I am beyond pissed right now.

So no Room 101's for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
That sucks man!

I placed an order for pipe tobacco over at P&C.com just under a year ago for a bet I lost to @Xingpao. They also asked to verify my name/address/age because nothing matched and it was a HUGE headache. Although, it did finally make it to him.

I wonder if they use the same verification services as JRs. I also wonder how many other online retailers are doing this now.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Sounds like a confluence of unfortunate events. Unfortunately, they can't honor the sale because they sold all the stock. Several folks got refunded afaik.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
No they screwed me also. accepted the order, deducted the checking account, I waited 3 days then emailed about when to expect my order, they simply refunded the money. I had to email them again to find out why, I got a BS email from customer service basically saying they where out of stock "it happens". No response to my follow up emails suggesting they at least try to make it right. Not a good way to handle customer service..

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
If they have no more product to send you, and are not getting any more, what do you expect them to do? Its a huge operation, stuff runs out, numbers in the warehouse are sometimes a little different, it happens. It's not like you're out anything.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This has happened to me with other vendors and they went out of their way to find an agreeable substitute. You are right, I'm not out anything, I was just trying to give the vendor the opportunity to not be out anything, basically a customer.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
If they have no more product to send you, and are not getting any more, what do you expect them to do? Its a huge operation, stuff runs out, numbers in the warehouse are sometimes a little different, it happens. It's not like you're out anything.
I get what you're saying Stogie, but like Boudie, they took our money, and I was told mine was shipped, so it takes them 9 days to tell me "hey sorry fella, here's your $ Back, no hard feelings huh."

Why couldn't they have told me this during the number of emails or phone calls I made and saved my heartbreak?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I get what you're saying Stogie, but like Boudie, they took our money, and I was told mine was shipped, so it takes them 9 days to tell me "hey sorry fella, here's your $ Back, no hard feelings huh."

Why couldn't they have told me this during the number of emails or phone calls I made and saved my heartbreak?
I was speaking to Boudie's specific situation, not yours. Stock runs out, refunds occur, I think as long as the company provides a full refund you should be ok with that. Stuff happens, we shouldn't be entitled to recourse every time we don't get what we want. Would it be nice if they offered a substitution? Sure. should that be required? No.

In your case, you got screwed because of how their system works, and that is unfortunate. But stuff happens. It's not like they stole your money. I can see how you would be bothered, but it's not like you weren't made whole.

If you really want a box, you can have mine at cost. $19.99 + $6.45 to ship. Happy to share if you want, my friend!

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I was speaking to Boudie's specific situation, not yours. Stock runs out, refunds occur, I think as long as the company provides a full refund you should be ok with that. Stuff happens, we shouldn't be entitled to recourse every time we don't get what we want. Would it be nice if they offered a substitution? Sure. should that be required? No.

In your case, you got screwed because of how their system works, and that is unfortunate. But stuff happens. It's not like they stole your money. I can see how you would be bothered, but it's not like you weren't made whole.

If you really want a box, you can have mine at cost. $19.99 + $6.45 to ship. Happy to share if you want, my friend!
Stogie I would totally be up for that, but only if you really want to do that.
Sucks man. Hopefully some good karma comes your way. If you need some let me know. I got 2 boxes for myself.
Thanks Bostoneo, looks like Stogie beat ya to it.

Let me know though guys, and I REALLY appreciate the kind gestures.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Seen this kind of stuff too many times. Ordering online can have subsequent risk....emails back and forth...etc. I do order online but I follow up with a phone call to ENSURE that my order is processed. I also ask about backorder....is this product in stock....are there any unseen hurdles that may affect my order....what is your name....what is your extension. When you have this info then you can rest pretty easy that your order is being processed and ask for that order number. If things go south and they email you or call you back about your age...your height...your weight...who you voted for...what size inseam...at least you will have your order number and can raise Holy Hell at that time. Trading emails is futile a lot of the time...days go by...stock gets depleted....Reps. forget...they don't update their system...etc.

For the record...JR pulls this kind of stuff and had it done to me which is why I became so fastidious as to my orders. I used to trade emails with Lew Rothman years ago....guy was a jackass but I love his JR Ultimate Cab Series so I didn't burn any bridges but some of those emails....holy $hit this guy could get unhinged.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
How does having a sale on something, in this case basically a closeout sale, entitle someone to take whatever they want at the sale item's price? That's not how business works. People beat you to it. It happens. I wouldn't let that bum me out.
How business *should* work is that if you have a close out sale on an item, you know you have 50 items available, stop taking orders after 50 orders. Don't leave the sale open and drive traffic to your site knowing you don't have the inventory and then wait two weeks to refund and give the generic "oops out of stock" response. I realize online cigar shops are not always cutting edge but it is 2017; this is basic shit and JR are either incompetent or intentionally left the sale up to drive traffic.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How business *should* work is that if you have a close out sale on an item, you know you have 50 items available, stop taking orders after 50 orders. Don't leave the sale open and drive traffic to your site knowing you don't have the inventory and then wait two weeks to refund and give the generic "oops out of stock" response. I realize online cigar shops are not always cutting edge but it is 2017; this is basic shit and JR are either incompetent or intentionally left the sale up to drive traffic.
This is why we do business with "businesses" that don't conspire to use close-outs to push inventory. When they sell a close-out and then give you an order number that is basically a contract...you send the money....you paid for the product and you should be sent the item you actually bought. For a company to use a product as "bait"....just like we've all heard and have been shorted on....the term Bait and Switch is real in the business world. How exploited is this practice? Depends on how many times you've been baited and switched and with these guys...at least half a dozen times in the past 5 years. I made orders that said it was in stock...2 weeks later I get a email that says....sorry, your order is backordered ad not sure when it will be sent out....really???? 2 weeks later and you keep my money and then I'm supposed to wait indefinitely for them to show up one day? I don't think so. This is why I follow up with these jokers...some I don't need to follow up because they update their inventory...there's a novel thought. ( if I didn't love those Ultimate Cabs I'd never give them a penny )

To say that any business can take your order based on availability...say the order is processed and then come back and use BS tactics to basically say we don't have the product anymore so all that BS of telling you it was held for transit...yeahhhhh....sorry about that as we sold it to somebody else. We have the option to tell them ....gimmee my money and you just lost a forever consumer and I'll do business with your direct competitor....that's how you keep em somewhat honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.