What's new

I am super pissed and need to vent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
How business *should* work is that if you have a close out sale on an item, you know you have 50 items available, stop taking orders after 50 orders. Don't leave the sale open and drive traffic to your site knowing you don't have the inventory and then wait two weeks to refund and give the generic "oops out of stock" response. I realize online cigar shops are not always cutting edge but it is 2017; this is basic shit and JR are either incompetent or intentionally left the sale up to drive traffic.
Well, that's not what happened, though, is it? The sale happened late last week as I recall. I'm pretty sure they had them listed as sold out within a day of the sale being posted here. It also seems that a lot of people got what they ordered, no problem. And it doesn't seem that anyone had to wait two weeks for a refund. I get the frustration with OPs situation, and missing out due to age verification BS, but bashing a site sponsor for something that didn't actually happen is not a good look.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Seen this kind of stuff too many times. Ordering online can have subsequent risk....emails back and forth...etc. I do order online but I follow up with a phone call to ENSURE that my order is processed. I also ask about backorder....is this product in stock....are there any unseen hurdles that may affect my order....what is your name....what is your extension. When you have this info then you can rest pretty easy that your order is being processed and ask for that order number. If things go south and they email you or call you back about your age...your height...your weight...who you voted for...what size inseam...at least you will have your order number and can raise Holy Hell at that time. Trading emails is futile a lot of the time...days go by...stock gets depleted....Reps. forget...they don't update their system...etc.

For the record...JR pulls this kind of stuff and had it done to me which is why I became so fastidious as to my orders. I used to trade emails with Lew Rothman years ago....guy was a jackass but I love his JR Ultimate Cab Series so I didn't burn any bridges but some of those emails....holy $hit this guy could get unhinged.
Gary, I had an order #.....that's why it was / is so frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
How does having a sale on something, in this case basically a closeout sale, entitle someone to take whatever they want at the sale item's price? That's not how business works. People beat you to it. It happens. I wouldn't let that bum me out.
I get that, but when they tell me that my order has been shipped then turn around 2 days later and say oh, oops our bad *blush* then I have an issue.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yesterday they had 5pks up. See if they'll do the sale as 5erz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Email has been sent, good idea.

*UPDATE*

StogieNinja & Jay_Habanos have stepped up like the gentlemen they are, and have offered me one of their boxes....so it is being handled, sorry if I upset anyone, but I felt I could rage here and you guys would understand more than the wife ha.

I also felt it should have been addressed how easily you can get burned.

Another email has been sent, and they did offer to take 10% off my next order ( ) along with free shipping, let's see if they make this right.

The whole thing boils down to as someone else said, if you only have a certain amount say that on the site or email or whatever, and when that last box is gone, then stop taking orders and update the site.

Alright the horse is dead, back to "today's smoke" thread.

Thanks again to Stogie & Jay, you've made this Room 101 whore very happy, and thanks for everyone else's support.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
How does having a sale on something, in this case basically a closeout sale, entitle someone to take whatever they want at the sale item's price? That's not how business works. People beat you to it. It happens. I wouldn't let that bum me out.
It's called asset accountability

Know what you have for sale so you can set limits

Seems like JRs is running some lazy operations

Cigar monster doesn't seem to have this issue ... shrug

Even smallbatchs super vintage old sale webpage had inventory limits...

Chilllllllllll fam.

@ar2381 go talk to the warehouse supervisor bro. He's probably sleeping on the job.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Seen this kind of stuff too many times. Ordering online can have subsequent risk....emails back and forth...etc. I do order online but I follow up with a phone call to ENSURE that my order is processed. I also ask about backorder....is this product in stock....are there any unseen hurdles that may affect my order....what is your name....what is your extension. When you have this info then you can rest pretty easy that your order is being processed and ask for that order number. If things go south and they email you or call you back about your age...your height...your weight...who you voted for...what size inseam...at least you will have your order number and can raise Holy Hell at that time. Trading emails is futile a lot of the time...days go by...stock gets depleted....Reps. forget...they don't update their system...etc.

For the record...JR pulls this kind of stuff and had it done to me which is why I became so fastidious as to my orders. I used to trade emails with Lew Rothman years ago....guy was a jackass but I love his JR Ultimate Cab Series so I didn't burn any bridges but some of those emails....holy $hit this guy could get unhinged.
Interesting that a CEO would be classified as a jackass...in today's world of social media it's even more important that owners and CEOs are respectful to customers. I used to visit the JR cigar in DC, honestly one of the worst B&Ms I have ever been in. The employees are super rude and frankly acted like I shouldn't be there. It's one of the main reasons why I buy online, I don't want to deal with customer reps like that. I have purchased from JR online before and did not have issues, but this will be noted. I can't stand bad customer service. Frankly, it should be a top priority for all businesses.

As for the out of stock issue, I am sorry, that's BS if you have an online store, you should have an accurate inventory system. If you're touting yourself as the worlds largest cigar store, then act like it. Never have had an issue with Amazon for stock issues, they clearly show how much is in stock. My ebay business clearly shows stock quantity and I am a one man shop. Stop with the bull crap about inventory and systems issues, it's 2017 these companies should easily be able to keep track of their inventory. I will say pre-orders are a different story, however I have my own opinions on pre-orders.

Just my $0.02.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Interesting that a CEO would be classified as a jackass...in today's world of social media it's even more important that owners and CEOs are respectful to customers. I used to visit the JR cigar in DC, honestly one of the worst B&Ms I have ever been in. The employees are super rude and frankly acted like I shouldn't be there. It's one of the main reasons why I buy online, I don't want to deal with customer reps like that. I have purchased from JR online before and did not have issues, but this will be noted. I can't stand bad customer service. Frankly, it should be a top priority for all businesses.

As for the out of stock issue, I am sorry, that's BS if you have an online store, you should have an accurate inventory system. If you're touting yourself as the worlds largest cigar store, then act like it. Never have had an issue with Amazon for stock issues, they clearly show how much is in stock. My ebay business clearly shows stock quantity and I am a one man shop. Stop with the bull crap about inventory and systems issues, it's 2017 these companies should easily be able to keep track of their inventory. I will say pre-orders are a different story, however I have my own opinions on pre-orders.

Just my $0.02.
Hell yeah!!!

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
So I call them and the lady explains to me that my name is different on my license than what they have on file and this was throwing the whole system out of wack.
Did you incorrectly enter your own information when you signed up, and that's what caused this whole fiasco?

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Did you incorrectly enter your own information when you signed up, and that's what caused this whole fiasco?
Nope, the whole fiasco started with their age verification and wouldn't take my image from the phone, but not letting me know this until 2 days after the fact.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will say this being behind the scenes with this outfit. JR/Casa De Montecristo has little to no customer service in their wheelhouse. I saw multiple people in leadership roles blow off customers and disregard their wants/needs. Secondly I saw briefly how JR cust service is run while we transitioned Serious Cigars and believe you me there is a SERIOUS (no pun intended) lack of give a damn. I would never tell you where to shop but if you get burned take it as a lesson.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Nope, the whole fiasco started with their age verification and wouldn't take my image from the phone, but not letting me know this until 2 days after the fact.

No. It appears that your own typo is what caused the age verification to not go through. If you had entered your own information correctly from the get go, it would have possibly allowed you to get your orders through.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
No. It appears that your own typo is what caused the age verification to not go through. If you had entered your own information correctly from the get go, it would have possibly allowed you to get your orders through.
No, the image wouldn't load from my phone, as I explained then I wasn't aware of this.

When I called them I was informed that my name on my drivers license was different than on the site......i thought I explained this?

So they corrected my info on their system, and said it would be shipped out (no mention of being sold out yet) then they lost all my order history, so I emailed again asking about this, so i could also track my order, and was informed that my order was being shipped (so that's 2xs I was told this) and they would forward my issue about my order history to IT. (I just stopped and checked, order history is still mia).

So no I did not enter in the wrong info, I just had a different name on my license than on their system, and that threw everything off, but the real problem is I was basically lied to and led on to believe my order had gone through, when in fact they were sold out, and I wasn't informed until 8 days later.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I will say this being behind the scenes with this outfit. JR/Casa De Montecristo has little to no customer service in their wheelhouse. I saw multiple people in leadership roles blow off customers and disregard their wants/needs. Secondly I saw briefly how JR cust service is run while we transitioned Serious Cigars and believe you me there is a SERIOUS (no pun intended) lack of give a damn. I would never tell you where to shop but if you get burned take it as a lesson.
I've only needed to call customer service with jr a couple times, for things that were my fault, or general questions, and they were just as helpful as anyplace else.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
None of that stuff explains why my order was taken, my checking account debited and I had to ask why my order wasn't shipped. Then I received the email informing me they where out of stock, no options, no nothing Just too bad

Say what you want, they could have addressed these issues better and decided not to. It was a business decision. Loosing a customer is cheaper then getting the additional stock (even if it is 5 packs - other sites have them on sale) and filling the order, correcting the mistake they made.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
^^^^.....I don't really think true cigar enthusiasts want to denigrate cigar businesses because in the long run it hurts everybody. Customer Service starts from the top down....Lew acted like a prima dona which is then adopted as a way of doing business to the troops. I wish this business was more professional it how it conducts itself....they actually have a good business template but it's a waste if not run with professional courtesy. Years ago there were a few other places that sold JR cigars like the Cab Ultimates....if I just had the memory I used to have I'd buy from them. Getting old sucks...memory is the second thing to go.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
No, the image wouldn't load from my phone, as I explained then I wasn't aware of this.

When I called them I was informed that my name on my drivers license was different than on the site......i thought I explained this?

So they corrected my info on their system, and said it would be shipped out (no mention of being sold out yet) then they lost all my order history, so I emailed again asking about this, so i could also track my order, and was informed that my order was being shipped (so that's 2xs I was told this) and they would forward my issue about my order history to IT. (I just stopped and checked, order history is still mia).

So no I did not enter in the wrong info, I just had a different name on my license than on their system, and that threw everything off, but the real problem is I was basically lied to and led on to believe my order had gone through, when in fact they were sold out, and I wasn't informed until 8 days later.

Why didn't your account information match the info on your ID? Was that JR's fault or yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.