What's new

I cannot believe almost everyone is perverted.

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So, the reason why I put that title is because I had weird experience.

I was online in facebook chatting with my friends and among's them, a mexican designer.

(For those that don't know, I'm interested in designing clothes)

This designer I had met at the University I'm applying to, Jannette Klein. Apparently he was very well known because almost all the girls that where taking the course that day with him knew him by magazines, what ever. So, he gave everyone his card to contact him. We had talked a little but nothin' much, really.

He added me on Facebook a long time ago, but we never did talk. I accepted him just because it's good to have a connection like that to enter a designers world.

Point is!... He starts talking with me, and I ask him how long has he been designing his clothes, blah, blah and I told him that I have been designing for 5 years now (Yes, i've been making here and there some of my own clothes to wear) and then he starts saying to me: Nice! Well, your really sexy and you could model your own clothes.

I replay: Well, I honestly to fancy being a model. But if there was a day that I can't fond the right model, then yes, I would model my clothes.

And then he says (that's what really rang a bell in my head to think that he was hitting on me): So how old are you?

Me: I'm 19, why?
Him: Sssssssssssss (yuk*) Your so young!
So, are the clothes you make sexy?
Me: (At this point I'm thinking to myself "This bastard thinks I'm a dumb girl wanting to study fashion design) I don't think my clothes are sexy, I think their very different in the way that I use fabrics from the sixteen hundreds to the eighteen hundreds with a modern cut starting from 2008.

Right there he stopped talking to me. I just knew that that :ahole: was looking for something else.

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Good for you Meg! I hope you get to design your clothes the way you want! Don't forget us guys too I wanna see some unique kilts!

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Get used to it, unfortunately the majority of young women trying to enter the world of fashion or entertainment fall victim to men with influence whether assumed or real and end up going back home disheartened or walking the streets of Los Angeles.

Those that truly believe in themselves can achieve their goals with their talent and abilities but confidence, tenacity, perseverance and patience are key with this approach or it will prove futile. Realize that you'll be crossing paths with these dirtbags quite often and keep in mind that an advance politely declined with a smile can get you further than a scowl. Fortunately for you the world of fashion revolves around women and gay men. That and the fact that you have gobs of talent.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Megan, everything I’ve seen from you screams talent and you can stand on your own merits. Mike gave you some very good advice. One being “an advance politely declined with a smile can get you further than a scowl.” But on the occasion that you feel someone needs to be smacked down, do it with tact (politely and smiling like Mike said) but have him or her walking away wondering whether they have just been put in their place or not.
You go get ‘em! :thumbsup:

Mr.Erskine

I am the Walrus
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I try not to be the jealous husband, but my wife does some networking through Facebook, (she's a photographer,) and I try to be vigilant with being controlling because several of her networking contacts are males and she doesn't know many of them from Adam... In a society of rampant promiscuity, where it seems that almost everyone is out for some cheap thrill, it's can get nasty.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Beginning to think Megan's on to something.

A week ago my wife dials a wrong number, realizes it when she gets an unfamiliar voice mail, and hangs up.

Later that day she gets a call back from the person, tells him it was a wrong number, sorry about that.

Over the next couple days the perv twice texts her crap and calls back saying off-color things. She lays into him with a nice smack down, the likes of which usually makes me duck and cover, and threatens to call the police on his ass if he contacts her again. So far he's gone quiet, but dang, dial a wrong number and reach perv central? WTF.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Ok, am I missing something here. What is wrong with what this guy did? How is he an asshole? He's a male, you're a female, isn't it supposed to work that way? He was putting some feelers out, which you have to do in online social networks. I have done it many times. Sometimes things move forward, sometimes they do not. Maybe you are saying he is perverted because of the age thing, but you never mention his age. when i got divorced, I was 38. I was "dating" girls anywhere from 19 -42, most were in the 25ish range. But that is a whole nother topic, there is no magical year window where you must date others within that range. I just don't see an issue.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Ok, am I missing something here. What is wrong with what this guy did? How is he an asshole? He's a male, you're a female, isn't it supposed to work that way? He was putting some feelers out, which you have to do in online social networks. I have done it many times. Sometimes things move forward, sometimes they do not. Maybe you are saying he is perverted because of the age thing, but you never mention his age. when i got divorced, I was 38. I was "dating" girls anywhere from 19 -42, most were in the 25ish range. But that is a whole nother topic, there is no magical year window where you must date others within that range. I just don't see an issue.
Good points, didn't even look at it that way. It's tough for some of us dads to not side with our "Daughter of the Leaf".

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
If you want to be successful in the art world it helps to be social animal. Attending as many events, galas, and parties as you can to meet people and make contacts is probably the best way to gain exposure and as long as you don't let a representative or someone related to a big name take advantage of you with the promise they'll show your work, you'll be fine. You already seem like you're off to the right start.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Good points, didn't even look at it that way. It's tough for some of us dads to not side with our "Daughter of the Leaf".

Know what you mean, being a single father of three girls. I just don't see it as perverted when either sex try's to do what we do. I do tell my daughters that guys think about one thing and most of their intentions revolve around that, so be aware and be careful. However, we do not have a corner on that market. I have meet many girls that were quite the "pole hound". :roundtheh

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Right there he stopped talking to me. I just knew that that :ahole: was looking for something else.
The opposite sex tends to send mixed signals; if it works -fine. If it doesn't - you move on. It's more apparent now with all the digital messaging floating around on the the web. Since text messages have no "tone" to them, they can often be misconstrued. He was obviously fishing, but it looks like you kept the exchange within your career aspirations and once he realized that, he laid off. However, you MAY have to exchange conversation with this guy again, if a career opportunity presents itself. Just be cognizant that he's gone there once and he's probably going to try again - that's what men do.

I'm kind of impressed that he wasn't a NELLY you know, being in the fashion industry and all...

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The dude is in his 30's... And honestly, younger or older, I would never date the dude. I say "perv" because he kept on saying "Sexy you" "your sexy clothes"... it just didn't feel right for me. I'm a young lady that like's to date dude no more than 22 years old and no younger than 17 (maybe, I don't know). Baaaah... can't put it in words.

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The opposite sex tends to send mixed signals; if it works -fine. If it doesn't - you move on. It's more apparent now with all the digital messaging floating around on the the web. Since text messages have no "tone" to them, they can often be misconstrued. He was obviously fishing, but it looks like you kept the exchange within your career aspirations and once he realized that, he laid off. However, you MAY have to exchange conversation with this guy again, if a career opportunity presents itself. Just be cognizant that he's gone there once and he's probably going to try again - that's what men do.

I'm kind of impressed that he wasn't a NELLY you know, being in the fashion industry and all...
Yeah, I know that this damn text messages send different signals. I hate it. But I more or less knew how the guy talked already because I had met him once at the University. And I know I can talk to him again because I didn't insult him, like you say, I sticked with my career interest's. This designer visit's quite often the University I'll be going to. I just hope he gets the signal there that I don't want to date him at all, what so ever (He's not even good looking).

Any how... Thank you!