What's new

I chew 'em first...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My uncle introduced me to cigars. He chewed them. Very rarely did he smoke them. Maybe once per week. He preferred Dutch Masters or something cheap like that.

I used to chew tobacco, and chewing them first before smoking them reminds me of the days when I used to chew. I have heard that I'm not supposed to. Maybe I am a barbarian, but I chew them first.

Does anyone else here do this too?

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I do not chew them, but from time to time I will keep them in my mouth and puff as if they were lite. Some times they get pretty soggy and I just toss them, other times I will smoke them later on.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tend to chew them while I'm smoking. By the time I'm 3/4 the way through the cigar the end is all beat up - which is perfect for me since it lets me control the draw. I especially do this if a ring gauge is too big, I just chew it down to size.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
My gardner, excuse me, landscape technition, chews 3 to 4 cigars a day. He refuses to smoke on other peoples property out of respect so he enjoys them this way. First time I actually saw him light one was when I gifted him with a "special"cigar from my stash.

I enjoy smoking them too much to chew and sogg up the end. A lot of work went into rolling it so I smoke em. But however you enjoy them.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I smoke my cigars; if I wanted chewing tobacco, I'd buy chewing tobacco.

One of my buddies uses chewing tobacco and cigars, depending on his mood. Sometimes, if he has a really crappy dog rocket of a cigar, he'll put in a chew *WHILE* he's smoking a cigar.

But he still doesn't actually chew the cigar.

*NOTE*
My father in law chews his cigars; they're barely recognizable as a cigar by the end!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree with "Smokin" .

I seem to enjoy the last inch of a cigar. I don't know how much I would enjoy the last bit of a cigar I had for dinner.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
This reminds me of something. Not long ago the company I work for was trying to woo a company who's business we had lost over a year ago. I met with one of their superintendents and he noticed me smoking a cigar as I got out of my truck. He asked if I had another to spare. I pulled out a Rass, explained what it was and how good they are, then handed it to him. He procedes to bite off the end and says, "I like to chew on the end". I think my disgust was a bit more noticeable than I would have liked. I told him that's what chewing tobacco is for and also that he probably just ruined the wrapper (it was coming unraveled). We did get their business back, but he will get no more cigars from me.

I don't ever chew the ends of my cigars. I thought that's what fingernails were for. :frownno:

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Nah... not a chewer.. now I have had a dip in and smoked a cigarette at the same time quite a bit..

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I wouldnt call myself a chewer but every once in a while with larger cigars I will catch myself chewing just a little at the end of a cigar while I am smoking it. I got this thing in my head that if I do that then the cigar tends to have a little more flavor than normal, and that is what I need b/c my taste buds are on overdrive and need a little kick. Just me though

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been smoking cigarillos once in a while at work since there's not enough time for a cigar, but more often than not I just cram one under my lip and suck/chew on it.