What's new

i don't know if this is really a problem, but...

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
so, I think I may have over extended myself. I have almost zero humi space and I have a whole bunch of new smokes coming in. I also have almost zero money left, other than for bills and what not. Anybody have any suggestions? solutions? Obviously one solution is just to smoke them all, but right now I really don't have much time either. I'll probably give some away, but I need a better solution. Help me out. Thanks.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Make time... smoke more... relax.. stop bitching, cause it is a good problem to have...

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
so, I think I may have over extended myself. I have almost zero humi space and I have a whole bunch of new smokes coming in. I also have almost zero money left, other than for bills and what not. Anybody have any suggestions? solutions? Obviously one solution is just to smoke them all, but right now I really don't have much time either. I'll probably give some away, but I need a better solution. Help me out. Thanks.
Many of these guys use an inexpensive igloo cooler setup that runs something like $50. There are quite a few threads regarding these. Of course, if you really mean "no" money, you can probably come up with an interim soution until you have a few bucks to spend, but you don't want to risk the stash using some of these methods long - term.

Depending on how much storage you're looking for, holt's is (or was) selling what appears to be a decent humidor for $20. Probably another temporary solution though.

Oh yeah - and what Clay said.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
If it really comes down to it, you can store them in a tupperware container that you may have around the house..

I have a 120 qt. igloo cooler that i think cost me 30 bucks total..>

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
Go to walmart and buy a Strilite container, cheap.,,cheap....I have Alot of smokes in the one I have and the gars are just fine...tape the holes on the ends, stick in a humidifer and your done..I've had mine for over 8 months , no problems...................

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
For most of us, having more cigars than storage space is not much of a problem, as coolers are cheap. However, your post sounds like you are asking for help because your ability to pay bills might soon be impacted ... and that can be a BIG problem.

I think you just need to make a conscious decision not to buy anymore until you have a place to put them in your current storage. Maybe enlist the help of a roommate, good friend or relative. Try selling some of your surplus on the various cigar boards and them maybe stick to trades for awhile. That way you still get that happy feeling when a box of new cigars arrives in the mail - but you aren't spending much money to get them. Good cigar deals will always come and go ... but you don't want to find yourself pushing your cigar collection in a shopping cart on the street becuase you couldn't make rent.

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Once you get some more $ there's always acts of generosity. The coolerdor option looks pretty good too.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
For most of us, having more cigars than storage space is not much of a problem, as coolers are cheap. However, your post sounds like you are asking for help because your ability to pay bills might soon be impacted ... and that can be a BIG problem.

I think you just need to make a conscious decision not to buy anymore until you have a place to put them in your current storage. Maybe enlist the help of a roommate, good friend or relative. Try selling some of your surplus on the various cigar boards and them maybe stick to trades for awhile. That way you still get that happy feeling when a box of new cigars arrives in the mail - but you aren't spending much money to get them. Good cigar deals will always come and go ... but you don't want to find yourself pushing your cigar collection in a shopping cart on the street becuase you couldn't make rent.

Excellent advice.

If you're that short on cash, sell some of them for some deniro to pay your bills and get a small cooler.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
thanks everyone for the advice...don't worry, i'm not so broke that i can't pay the bills or anything, but I was just thinking I don't want to by a cooler yet cause i know what happens next...i fill it. :laugh:
I decided to go with a tupperdor until i plan out my next step. I let you guys all know what happens next.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Sounds good to me.

Get a cooler for the overflow.

Go buy some scotch and enjoy those cigars.