What's new

I emailed a guy peddling Fauxhibas on Craigslist

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I says to him, "you sure those are real? No date codes on your box. Where'd you buy them?" He says to me "100% positive they are real. I purchased them in Vinalles, Cuba while I was visiting there at the end of February. Would be harder to get a fake cuban cigar in Cuba than a real one. I believe the boxes along with the cigars themselves are “seconds” that didn’t pass the final inspection of perfection so we got them at a great price. Still smoke beautifully, and I have had nothing but amazement and compliments from everyone I’ve given them to/sold to. Let me know if you are interested, and if so how many you’d like. I’ve been selling a lot these last few days and I’m starting to run a little low."

Now, I'm no CC expert, and thus have no snob card, but I still thought I would share this for lols.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I emailed him the following. Will be interesting if he replies at all, let alone what he says.

Hey man, can you send me a close up image of the following:
    • The box code on the bottom of the box?
    • The clamp in it's locked position?
    • The warranty sticker on the inside of the box?
If these are in fact real, I'm interested in buy at least 2 boxes for a bachelor party that i'm throwing.

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's amusing that he shows a photo of the government seal lying loose inside the box. If they were real the seal would be on the box. I have been going to Cuba for many years and have seen hundreds of fake Cohibas and the sellers never bother to attached the across the corner of the box. It's always amazed me.