What's new

I finally gave in and got the 80ths

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I finally broke down and picked up a few Padron 80th Annis. I have been resisting their call since release due to being out of my comfort zone for pricing, but I couldn't hold out any longer and bit on the $26 tag. I have been smoking the 1964's and 1926's since their respective releases and they have basically been the only NCs that I have consistently bought and layed down (except for a handful of Opus) until I met you folk and have started to branch out a bit into the Nicaraguan world.

Here are the two girls I bought yesterday. They will likely sit until spring when it warms up a bit here in the Great North West and I feel like spending 2 hrs on my porch (mostly Marevas and Perlas in the winter)

Here they are with what’s left of their siblings that have managed to avoid the flame so far. 1964 Principes in box from this year, 1964 Coronas and Exclusivos from 1995, 1964 Exclusivos and Principes from 2003, and 1926 #2s and #35s from 2003.

You ever wish you had cheaper habits?

-Pearl

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Damn brother, nice Padron's ya got there!!!!!! Congrats on the new purchase. I would not even look at them as I am sure the price is sky high.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Nice score Pearl.

I think you got a great price too... I got some the day they dropped in NYC from Barcley Rex and I know I paid more than that for mine.

If you have the box to house them in, be sure to watch for the sap problems that have been reported as of late.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Well look who the Pardon whore is. Lol

Nice stash and nice looking sticks.

Panicbound

Dankster
Rating - 99.1%
201   1   0
my favorite too! I have almost every stick from every series....can't get enough. In fact, it pretty much is the only NC brand I smoke!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the box to house them in, be sure to watch for the sap problems that have been reported as of late.
No worries on that one. As weak as my will was, I couldn't justify the whole 8pack so just got them as singles.

Well look who the Pardon whore is.
I resemble that remark. :yes: Now I just have to resist the Siren's call of the 40th. M-U-S-T R-E-S-I-S-T

-Pearl

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Well, I finally broke down and picked up a few Padron 80th Annis. I have been resisting their call since release due to being out of my comfort zone for pricing, but I couldn't hold out any longer and bit on the $26 tag. I have been smoking the 1964's and 1926's since their respective releases and they have basically been the only NCs that I have consistently bought and layed down (except for a handful of Opus) until I met you folk and have started to branch out a bit into the Nicaraguan world.

Here are the two girls I bought yesterday. They will likely sit until spring when it warms up a bit here in the Great North West and I feel like spending 2 hrs on my porch (mostly Marevas and Perlas in the winter)

Here they are with what’s left of their siblings that have managed to avoid the flame so far. 1964 Principes in box from this year, 1964 Coronas and Exclusivos from 1995, 1964 Exclusivos and Principes from 2003, and 1926 #2s and #35s from 2003.

You ever wish you had cheaper habits?

-Pearl

Unitl I quit bourbon, cigars were my cheaper habit.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
It's interesting that the difference between the maduro & natural wrapper on the 80th is so slight, barely noticible - I could only distinguish by making a note of the serieal #. The naturals I believe started with 7, the maduro, 8.

They are very good, but I think that the most 'bang' for the buck is with the 1926 beli's.

Very fine selection!!!

What is the consensus on aging the Padron?
Any particular blends do better than the others?
(never been able to hold on to them for long enough to find out for myself)