What's new

I get to smoke more!!!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I just got a new job and that means I'll be driving about and hour each way to and from, so my smoking time will go up exponentially now. I get to go back to smoking at least one a day.

Is it wrong that this point is what excites me most about getting a job?

Well, a close second is that I get to move out of my parents house, which is where my wife and I and our daughter have been living for the past 3 months since my wife sold our house 3 days before I got home from Afghanistan 3 months ago. She did sell it with my consent, but that doesn't make living at my parents house any better. We just landed a condo a few hours ago so that will be another new adjustment...condo living.

So I'll be the operations manager for a small company that pours concrete for residential and light commercial projects. One of the conditions of employment wat that I keep my flooring business and will be able to take off work anytime I need to so I can keep my business going. I'm thinking the flooring business is now going to be paying for our vacations and for padding the retirement account. And the good news is that I'll be working with some large single and multi-family home developers which wil put me in contact with the right people to potentially land some sizeable flooring contracts.

Also of noteworthy news, this job will be good for me in that it is right up my alley and I believe I'll gain a great deal of personal satisfaction from it, which is all anyone can really ask for in a job; being good at what they do and enjoying the work.

I start tomorrow with my first commute starting bright and early at 6am. That part is gonna suck for a while, but I love a good morning smoke with coffee.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Conrats BBall that is awesome news. Really happy for you. Where are you going to put the smoker at the condo? You know, if it needs a good home...

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Congrats, brother! That's totally awesome. I know that when we move back to the States next year we'll be at my folks for a while.