What's new

I got fired!!!

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Thanks Guys!

yeah, FL is one of those states that you can fire at will!

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Sorry to hear that. Just look at it as an opertunity to find a better job with a better employer.

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
They fired you cause you were spending all your time chasing after that guys bro with the sand shark, just admit it! :)

Good luck in the job search bro!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Sorry to hear that brother! Hopefully that just means you will find something better.

Maybe it's just fate telling you that come next month you'll get a gig with Tatuaje or Pepin Garcia! :smokingco

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Sorry to hear that Danilo! Is FL an "at-will" state? If not, talk with a labor lawyer....get some money out of them.
Danillo,

Sorry to hear about that. My wife was laid-off from her job last year. As others have said, everything will work out in the end, probably for the better. For us, it allowed my wife to take care of our son full-time, which is invaluable in itself.

AFAIK, Florida is an at-will state: (quoted from lawyers dot com)

"At Will

In Florida, employees are presumed to be "at will." At-will employees may be terminated for any reason, so long as it's not illegal. Generally, employees who work under an employment contract can only be terminated for reasons specified in the contract. In Florida, it is very difficult to overcome the at-will presumption.

Employee Handbooks

While an employer is not required by law to have an employee handbook, in most cases, it is recommended. An employee handbook provides a centralized, complete and certain record of the employer's policies and procedures.An employee handbook also provides more convenient access by employees and managers.

At a minimum, an employee handbook should include:

* A statement regarding the at-will employment relationship
* An equal employment opportunity statement
* A policy regarding sexual and other types of harassment in the workplace
* Internet access, e-mail, and voice mail policies
* The Family Medical Leave Act

The Florida courts have traditionally been reluctant to declare policy statements or employee handbooks to be an employment contract, unless there is an expressed reference to a certain period of employment and to the benefits associated with this time period.

The laws regarding an employer's duties and responsibilities arising under an employee handbook are complex, and a licensed attorney should be contacted to review individual circumstances. "

Regards,
Randy

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Might have found something already.... little place opening up down from the Cigar shop I go to...
and got an interview lined up for Monday!