What's new

I Gotta REALY Young Box...Por Larranaga

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Guys!

I posted in one of other forums here in regards to the recent box of por Larranaga I received. Very young, very dark, very much ammonia. I received GREAT suggestions as always here, and wanted to know when laying down a really young box of smokes should I:

1. Keep the young cigars in the original box they came in and crack the lid just a little bit?

2. Is it ok to lay them down on their own shelf exposed to the humidity and humidor air? ***A little concerned about the smokes giving off ammonia in the humidor***

3. Or should I invest in a special "aging" humidor regardless of if a smoke is "young" or has even a little bit o' age on it?

Thanks all!!!! Still new to the game and appreciate your help. Only been smokin" for 3 1/2 yrs and got a lot to learn.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Just leave them in the original box with the lid closed...no need to slide it open at all or to crack it. Put it in your cabinet and forget about it. Nature will take care of the rest! :thumbsup:

Don't worry about the concept of "giving off ammonia" that might taint other smokes.

Matthew

Tobacco Beetle
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Totally agree with Ratbert. Don't try to accelerate the aging process. Just leave them alone.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
It really depends on how quick you want to smoke them. If you want a slower aging process then leave them in the box with the lid closed. If you want to speed it up then crack the lid an inch or two or take it off completely. It's up to the smoker, IMHO. YMMV