What's new

I Hate Country Music - Change my Mind

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
@bwhite220 SIR: your doing it all wrong!!!!!

You have play country music backwards!!!!!

then:
You get your wife back

You get your dog back

You get your house back

AND you get your truck back

Your welcome in advance for helping you with this situation :cool:
...and you get sober

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
might i suggest carrie underwood.
if that isn't your cup of tea, try rascal flatts.
if you're still not convinced, give the most old school, hardcore, grizzled country artist a spin: Kenny Chesney. Kenny is such a genius, he realized country music can work really well with a carribean theme. He has had many immitators over the years, like jimmy buffett, but none can dethrone the king.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
might i suggest carrie underwood.
if that isn't your cup of tea, try rascal flatts.
if you're still not convinced, give the most old school, hardcore, grizzled country artist a spin: Kenny Chesney. Kenny is such a genius, he realized country music can work really well with a carribean theme. He has had many immitators over the years, like jimmy buffett, but none can dethrone the king.

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The Black Crowes are one of my favorite bands, and although they’re a rock band, they have a few country-ish songs that I like. One is “Fork in the River.” Although I’m a total rock guy, I do love the banjo.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I love all music but I have a deep disdain for Country music and pure hate of folk/bluegrass music. I do love rock, jazz, blues, rap, metal, punk, classical, etc. However, a few years ago, I stumbled upon Chris Stapleton and absolutely love his voice, the way he plays, the lyrics, and the music as a whole. He gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, there are other Country artists out there that I would add to my playlist - I just can't bring myself to listen to the rest of the shitty country music to find them.

Why am I bringing this up here? Well, I know musical tastes are like cigars and bourbon; everyone's palate is different. There are enough members here that maybe, just maybe, a few could recommend a country artist and/or specific songs for me to listen to that you think I might like.

What do I like? Everything from Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd to St. Paul and the Broken Bones and the Black Keys to NF, Wu-Tang, Busta Rhymes, Tech N9ne, and Anderson.Paak.

What do I hate? A nasal singing style. Absurdly stupid hillbilly lyrics. A steel guitar/banjo/mandolin makes my butthole bleed.

You give me some recommendations, I'll listen to them and will give you my honest feedback. If you can suggest one that I like, there may be a surprise in it for you.
Bro, your gonna really love this shit...