What's new

I hate Newegg.com

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Talk about a shitty business. This company has pissed me off to no end today. I placed an order for essentially all theparts to build a new desk top computer on Wednesday. And then I signed up for this shoprunner thing so I could get free 2 day shipping so I could get my order by Saturday. Well The idiots didnt process my order on Thursday, and here we are on friday still not processed. The approved 2 items that they are shipping separately, that arent covered under the 2 day shipping and those shipped yesterda, but the rest is stuck under what they refer to as order verification. So I call tem today to figure out what is going on and they said well your cc company didnt process the order, so we have to do a phone verification and that can take up to 48 hours. To which I say....well thats in 3 hours, oh well sir actually( your order was placed after our business hours, so your order will likely not be processed until Monday. (Now Im steaming) why the hell would I sign up for 2 day shipping if you all are gonna wait a week to ship my order in the first place!!!!!! idiots!!!!! So I get off the phone with her and call my cc company, because it would be unusual for them not to allow a charge to go through without calling me. What do I find out? They approved it the instant the transaction happened, so somebody over at newegg is feeding me a bunch of BS. I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN!!!!!! EVER!!!! And I would encourage the rest of you to stay away as well. Amazon would never do this to me. I would have my stuff tomorrow if I hadnt tried to save $50 on a $1200 order. My head feels less like popping now. But still stay away from Newegg! 0 stars!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Sorry for your frustration Luke. I have used Newegg for a few things and I will probably use them again. They are good for cheap prices/sales on things I know I want, but I don't expect any customer service from them...

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Honestly, that's the one bad review I have ever heard form the web site. Not saying you are wrong, different people will have different experiences.

Like for myself, I have had nothing but awesome experiences with them. Super fast shipping, awesome customer service, decent prices. However, the last time I ordered from them was close to two years ago, they could have changed their business model since then.

LittleMoe

Bald,Fat and Proud
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
WOW !!! that is shitty buissness !!!!! I only used then twice, never had any issues, however they were small orders with regular shipping ..... i hope they at least offer you free shipping or something !!!!

Palmettoguy

42-28'48'' N
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I've built at least 7 desktops/HTPCs using Newegg and never had any issues with them.
Well, I had one mobo that was DOA, but they RMA'd it hassle free.
Sorry to hear about them jacking you around...

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Sorry to hear about your issues. I have built around 4 computers over the last 10 years using them for the majority of the time and have never had a problem. I even had their Preferred card for a little while. I'll probably still use them in the future.

That said, I've never used their Rush shipping option. If I need certain things quickly, I either use Amazon or go to my local Micro Center.

Regards,
Randy

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I know guys just expressing my frustration, but just goes to show how one bad experience can ruin a business for you. I know they are cheaper, but just like with cigars if somebody does wrong by me Ill pay more for a more reliable experience.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If I recall correctly, they do offer the option of same-day order processing for like $2.99? I've used them since 2001 and never ever had an issue with them. The used to always be the cheapest game in town, but are pretty much the same as market price nowadays.

From their website:

It takes one to two business days for us to process an order (prior to shipping it). Once the order has shipped, your estimated time of arrival will be determined by your selected shipping method and your local FedEx guidelines for delivery.

Newegg offers Rush Processing for orders placed before 12PM PST for a small additional fee. Newegg will put forth its best efforts. We cannot however, guarantee that your order will ship the same day. If we fail to ship your order on the same day, we will refund the Rush Processing fee.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This happened to me before, too. Not at Newegg, but another electronics retailer. I know how incredibly frustrating it is. Sorry to hear.

You mentioned Amazon...I bought all of the parts for my high-end desktop several months ago at Amazon with 2-day shipping. Absolutely no problems with Amazon - EVER! I love those guys. The only complaint I have with them is that I spend too much money there and my cigar budget suffers as a result :)

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
After hours on wed... Can take 24-48 to process.....So we are looking at friday... Ups/fedex doesnt pickup on weekends.... All sounds about right.... I understand you are upset but i think its all being blown out of proportion. For lack of a better way to say it.... Shit happens... By your post im curious if you were calm and collected when you called... From a customer service standpoint, when a customer calls me yelling i will tell them anything to get them off the phone. I have made tons of orders from. Newegg and will always continue to. They have helped me out even when a product was past the warranty period. Im really sorry this happened to you but nothing is ever perfect....

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I can sympathize, but I can't relate. I've ordered from NewEgg probably 20 times over the last few years, and I've never had a problem. Sorry to hear of your trouble, though...

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've had nothing but problems with newegg as well, on several occasions. They have screwed me over similar to the way they did you, as well as preorders, etc. I will never shop that site again either.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
That sucks, bro. I hate it when companies flat out lie to you. "That's actually plume on your cigars, not mold, and I know that for sure even though I've never seen then and they're 3 months old."

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
I love NewEgg and shopped with them for many years and have never experienced anything but top notch service. They will continue to get my business so I'm sorry that had had a bad experience. One in a million as far as I'm concerned.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I ordered a couple fans from them last summer. When I got the fans 1 of them didn't work. I emailed them several times and never got a response. The fan was only $6 I think, but if I'm sent a product that doesn't work I expect it to be replaced.

I agree, they suck.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
After hours on wed... Can take 24-48 to process.....So we are looking at friday... Ups/fedex doesnt pickup on weekends.... All sounds about right.... I understand you are upset but i think its all being blown out of proportion. For lack of a better way to say it.... Shit happens... By your post im curious if you were calm and collected when you called... From a customer service standpoint, when a customer calls me yelling i will tell them anything to get them off the phone. I have made tons of orders from. Newegg and will always continue to. They have helped me out even when a product was past the warranty period. Im really sorry this happened to you but nothing is ever perfect....

Agreed... Amazon is great, but most companies will wait to confirm payment transaction before shipping items out. Same day shipping is nice, but not always a guarantee. I order LE items from a different company on a 2 day overnight or overnight delivery, but the items ships within 24-48 hours from date ordered.

In the future, if you need items quickly phone order may solve the issue.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Check out ZipZoomFly.com in the future. Their prices are comparable if not cheaper on some items then NewEgg and I have had 0 issues with them. Very easy to work with. I use NewEgg from time to time but find ZipZoomFly more to my liking.