What's new

I hate Newegg.com

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
I really only shop with Amazon, if I can't find it on amazon prime I don't need it. I looked at buying out new laptops thru new egg last year and went thru amazon just because I could get it over night for 3.99 each. Spent an extra $40 in the long run but I had it in my hands in 20 hours.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I really only shop with Amazon, if I can't find it on amazon prime I don't need it.
I've been a Prime Member (free 2 day shipping) for years. I love Amazon. However, you still need to compare prices if you're a budget bastard like me. They have almost everything, and almost always the best price, with superb reliability.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Actually Amazon has done that to me just about 50% of the time and they still do. I just don't order anything I need fast because it was driving me nuts. I heard others complain about new egg as well.

Good Luck.

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
SO, it gets better! lol! Today they just flat out canceled my order and stated it was because they couldnt verify my addy.....but they already shipped 2 items from my order, so they must have verified it. I called my cc the other day and they approved it so this is all on their end. So when I called customer service today I actually got a nice lady, she kinda laughed at their company and said it didnt make any sense. She agreed to help me get my order replaced with the same discounts....that ended yesterday of course. So I replace my order, and 3 hours later they cancelled it again because they said they couldnt verify my addy. I just re-verified it with them over the phone! WTF....Ordering all things on amazon now and will write on every forum I know about this crappy experience. Thinking about doing a charge back on my cc for the items they did ship!!!!! After all they apparently cant verify my addy!

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wow... I haven't ordered from newegg since high school when I used to build computers fairly recently and never had a problem like this. Sad to see a vendor like this go downhill so quickly. No reason why it should take so long to process an order. From now on I guess I'll be going to my local Microcenter (awesome btw)

coastalgriff

Educated Redneck
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I've made several purchases from Newegg. The first few were flawless and the last was a nightmare. I ordered a laptop for my daughter and had the same issues. After complaining they cancelled my order as well.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I just herfed with a computer geek friend and he say's he has great luck with newegg so maybe I was thinking of Fry's. Just wanted to clear up my mistake.

I still use Amazon but the often mess up shipping dates. I just plan on it and if I need it fast I use someone else. That part is still true.

Sucks they cancelled you. Jeez!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I still use Amazon but the often mess up shipping dates. I just plan on it and if I need it fast I use someone else. That part is still true.
That's why people use Amazon PRIME. Amazon ships just as fast, or faster than anyone. But, you have to pay for Prime, or opt to pay higher shipping fees to get fast shipping. If you don't want to pay for it, expect to wait 6+ business days. No problems for me as that seems logical.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
That's why people use Amazon PRIME. Amazon ships just as fast, or faster than anyone. But, you have to pay for Prime, or opt to pay higher shipping fees to get fast shipping. If you don't want to pay for it, expect to wait 6+ business days. No problems for me as that seems logical.
I have paid for speedy shipping and not got it, they just suck when I use them. I still use them sometime because they are easy. and eventually I usually get my stuff. Seldom on time.

But I am using them less and less. :smokingbo