What's new

I just smoked a Flying Pig!

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I’m not normally a fan of stubby cigars, except for the WOAM, xxx and BTL (and some cubans)... but this one was REALLY good.... tons of dense smoke and a varying flavor profile that rocked... leather, mocha, cinnamon... lasted an hour.... burned my fingers on this one....gotta get more. :chat:

003.JPG

004.JPG

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
They say it is named in honor of one of the all time top 10 cuban cigars... per review from Havana Mike:

"H. Upmann No. 22 Alfred Dunhill Seleccion Suprema:
What an experience to smoke. Fondly called the Flying Pig in the trade in the late 1950’s, this is a thick-girth cigar with a lot of character. It burns evenly and easily with a rich yet delicate tobacco, nutmeg flavor and a long aftertaste. Estimated production date: 1958."

And from cigarcyclopedia dot com:
"This old shape, picked by Saka from a photograph of an 1895 cigar salesman’s size-selection case, is a fat perfecto that looks like a short sausage of four inches and 60 ring gauge, with tiny bow-ties at each end. It’s a shape likely not seen in production since the 1930s, and only 2,000 boxes of 12 (24,000 total) have been produced. For those who can find it, it carries a retail price of $12 each and promises to be a unique smoking experience."

Now..squeal!

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
They say it is named in honor of one of the all time top 10 cuban cigars... per review from Havana Mike:

"H. Upmann No. 22 Alfred Dunhill Seleccion Suprema:
What an experience to smoke. Fondly called the Flying Pig in the trade in the late 1950’s, this is a thick-girth cigar with a lot of character. It burns evenly and easily with a rich yet delicate tobacco, nutmeg flavor and a long aftertaste. Estimated production date: 1958."

And from cigarcyclopedia dot com:
"This old shape, picked by Saka from a photograph of an 1895 cigar salesman’s size-selection case, is a fat perfecto that looks like a short sausage of four inches and 60 ring gauge, with tiny bow-ties at each end. It’s a shape likely not seen in production since the 1930s, and only 2,000 boxes of 12 (24,000 total) have been produced. For those who can find it, it carries a retail price of $12 each and promises to be a unique smoking experience."

Now..squeal!
so if I get you a box on Saturday, do you want it? :bouncetau

seriously, I'm broke...if you need one let me know.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
LOVED this cigar when I reviewed it...your impressions are spot on....

I actually think it is better then the T-52 and the #9...hoping to get a box soon from someone...

~brooks