What's new

I Keep going back to my drip - does that make me a jacka$$?

Slidzero

Belicoso Brother
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like you are doing all the right things. After you check the grind and ratio let us know what you think!

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I use my drip too, it's just easier and I don't always have the time for the FP. Is there a mesh or something I could get for the drip, or is that strictly paper filter?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Sorry to intrude....I care little about my coffee....a pot a day, but I'm fine with Maxwell House or Folgers.

But I couldn't let this thread pot to the top again without chuckling.....Everytime this old squid sees it, I can't help but think of Subic and :applause:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
i HAVE a mesh filter for a drip basket. hell, got it at the grocery. if nothing else, $10 beats what i would pay for filters in a year or so. o)

and there are melia-style cone msh filters as well.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I grind my own. The beans are in an airtight, opaque container, kept in a cool dark place... and I am beginning to think that I may not have an 8-cup. It has been a while since I bought it and I even forgot about it for about three years when my wife first moved in and we used hers (which was bigger). I am going measure it tomorrow morning, just to double check.

I stand corected (it is all coming back to me now). So I pulled the press out, and it is not 8 cups. The one I bought for my dad a few years ago was an 8 cup. This thing hardly holds 3 cups. Did the 2/1 ratio with a course grind and the unanimous decision (both my wife, who likes her coffee on the mellower side, and myself) was that the coffee was nearly undrinkable... WAY TOO LIMP! The efficiency was not there.

So my water temp was slightly off the boil (although I didn't measure the temp, I stopped the kettle just as it was about to whistle and let it sit for a few minutes while I ground and scooped)
I let it steep for about 5 minutes (maybe?)
No Dice. Maybe it should be allowed to contemplate life more before I give it the plunge since it is a courses grind?