What's new

I like cigars less and less...

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
...No, dont get me wrong I am not starting to hate cigars.
But there seems to be a smaller group of cigars that I enjoy.
I am still in the experementing stage, about 3 1/2 years. I had a cigar last night that looked beautiful, great wrapper , felt good and it tasted good until it was lit.

I do seem to be slipping away to the darkside but dont want to go there 100% quite yet. There are lots of good n/c cigars out there.
But do I have to go thru all of the shitty ones to find more of the good ones?

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
john tripp said:
But do I have to go thru all of the shitty ones to find more of the good ones?
Yes...it makes the good cigars that much more enjoyable.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Yep! :rofl: Or you could just give up and send us your cigars...we promise we'll send you back the ones that are good! ; )

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm seeing the samething happen to me. I no longer enjoy a Connie or some of the other cheap cigars I used to enjoy. I feel a bit like a brand snob but I have almost been exclusivley smoking Torano and Padron lately with an Edge thrown in if I have the time.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I feel your pain! N/C maduros (heminway maduro, anejo, etc.) seem too sweet and don't have that twang I like.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
The mainstream good ones I still enjoy for the most part.
It is the secondary and obscure finds that I used to enjoy.

Alex Bradley HSG.(I used to love them) , Olivia segundos..(I still love them but cant find anymore). About a dozen others.

My tastes, they keep changing.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
One N/C i smoked recently and enjoyed was a Black Pearl by La Perla Habana, the Cobre Robusto. It had a real smooth "tabacco" taste to it. Been trying to get my hands on some, but the local guy doesn't carry them. Off to c-bid.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
It's like everything else in life......until you have had the best you don't know what you are missing. That can go for food, cars, women, whatever. I think all of us go through that natural progression with cigars. It's hard to swallow Jim Beam once you've tasted Crown Royal! :rolling:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ashy said:
One N/C i smoked recently and enjoyed was a Black Pearl by La Perla Habana, the Cobre Robusto. It had a real smooth "tabacco" taste to it. Been trying to get my hands on some, but the local guy doesn't carry them. Off to c-bid.
Here is a quintessential "case in point" on different tastes. I used to like these, but the last two I smoked tasted flat, and I got no enjoyment from them whatsoever. We just have to keep trying different ones, and as our tastes do change, we narrow the field. SWYL,LWYS.

LasciviousXXX

One Bad M.F.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Fortunately life is much too short to smoke crappy cigars. However you won't know the good ones till you've had a couple of Moose Rockets :D

Keep smokin', there's still plenty out there

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
u don't have to convince me, i'm just out, though a little bird told me that the USPS might have a CARE package soon.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after years & years of 3 to 5 Habanos a day, I've found 2 or 3 nons I can somewhat enjoy from time to time, but not very often; Nicaraguans are too sweet for me

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Yes Cliff, nice bump for a fine brother who became wayward about the time this post was made. Nice to have a date/time stamp for it as his mind just ain't what it used to be. :stretchgr:

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
This will happen to you new guys sooner or later. :rofl:
Good top Cliff! I like to stroll through my B&M and hap-hazzardly grab a couple of sticks from the bottome shelf, you get a good surprise every-now-and-then.

Look for the stuff that hasn't been selling well and been sitting for awhile, those sometimes come around and turn out to be pretty good.