What's new

I live in a dry state (about 65% annual average humidity)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mostly smoke on the road, so I will want a pretty tough travel humidor that I can keep in my truck.

I was thinking of the Herf-a-dor X15. Can I use pucks with that? If so, considering how dry this state is, which should I get? The 70% one?

Thanks

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
The Puck comes in 65% and 70% ... so I think either one would be fine for your situation.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
65% average humidity?? To me, that would be considered VERY humid.
Well, first of all I am from Florida :D and I live in Colorado now, and the dryness killed me for the first year I was here.

Secondly, I don't trust the site I got that from. I found another that broke it down between morning and evening humidity. Our average annual morning humidity is 71% but our average annual evening humidity is 37%.

That makes more sense to me.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Well, first of all I am from Florida :D and I live in Colorado now, and the dryness killed me for the first year I was here.

Secondly, I don't trust the site I got that from. I found another that broke it down between morning and evening humidity. Our average annual morning humidity is 71% but our average annual evening humidity is 37%.

That makes more sense to me.
Sounds like time for a new Hygrometer. I know Colorado is drier that 65% unless its raining. I use the humi sheet that came with my 18 cigar travel box I believe from Cigar Solutions one of our sponsors. I just leave it in my coolidor till I travel and voila...keeps the travel box perfect.