What's new

I may have found the best pairing ever...

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Last night was a nice night so I reached for a Tatuaje Cojonu 2009 (box date Jul 2010) and some Ron Zaccapa. WOW what a wonderful pairing! The cigar and the rum complemented each other perfectly!

What are some of your favorite beverage to stick pairings?

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I don't think I have ever had a cigar and cup o joe at the same time. O think I am going to have to give it a try.

Not that it is a good pairing, but I have smoked plenty of PAM 26's80th with a buddy while drinking Seven and 7.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I don't think I have ever had a cigar and cup o joe at the same time. O think I am going to have to give it a try.

Not that it is a good pairing, but I have smoked plenty of PAM 26's80th with a buddy while drinking Seven and 7.
Coffee can make a mediocre cigar taste good. Give it a try!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
That is my new go to smoke thaks to a couple of brothers on here.
I've yet to try those. How do they compare to say the J21 or the Noella?

And I agree... coffee is a wonderful pairing with cigars.

I also have enjoyed irish coffee with lighter CCs. Yum.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I never want anything to improve or impair the tastes of a cigar. I think the cigar's profile should stand on it's own.

Just my very humble opinion :)

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I never want anything to improve or impair the tastes of a cigar. I think the cigar's profile should stand on it's own.

Just my very humble opinion :)
+1 Though I will occasionally have an iced coffee with a cigar on a warm day out on the deck.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Last night was a nice night so I reached for a Tatuaje Cojonu 2009 (box date Jul 2010) and some Ron Zaccapa. WOW what a wonderful pairing! The cigar and the rum complemented each other perfectly!
Thank you! I will definitely try this. I'm relatively new to liquor (beer dude) and have been looking for good matches :)

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Thank you! I will definitely try this. I'm relatively new to liquor (beer dude) and have been looking for good matches :)
Rum works. Some really smooth bourbon or scotch is ok, but I'd avoid single malts or anything peaty as they tend to overwhelm the cigar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i really have enjoyed alec bradley tempus maduro paired with dalmore cigar malt scotch. Unfortunately i havent been able to find any more of that scotch since i ran out. So i settle for 12-18 yr. old glen levitt

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Rum works. Some really smooth bourbon or scotch is ok, but I'd avoid single malts or anything peaty as they tend to overwhelm the cigar.
I tried scotch recently and although I initially thought it was rocket fuel, it did gain a bit of favor eventually. I tried Macallan 12 as my intro to scotch. Some of the botl's suggested a blend for a scotch newb (less peaty) and I think I'll try that.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I tried scotch recently and although I initially thought it was rocket fuel, it did gain a bit of favor eventually. I tried Macallan 12 as my intro to scotch. Some of the botl's suggested a blend for a scotch newb (less peaty) and I think I'll try that.

Yeah, Macallan is a tough intro scotch. My personal favorite is Highland Park. It's good, but without so much peat and burn. Goes great with a spicy habano cigar like an EPC 2009 or Pepin Blue.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Macallan is a tough intro scotch. My personal favorite is Highland Park. It's good, but without so much peat and burn. Goes great with a spicy habano cigar like an EPC 2009 or Pepin Blue.
Trust me, stick with single malt. If you dont like the peat taste, stay away from islay and lowland scotch. Highland and speyside are usually less peaty. Take time finding what you like. If you add just a couple of drops of spring water it can really make a good scotch bloom.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I stick to water, I really like to focus on the cigar.

If I'm with friends in a friendly setting, Smokey Joe's or something where I'm not trying to pick apart a cigar, but enjoying the company instead, I will have a soda. I don't drink alcohol, not because of beliefs or anything, just don't care for it. :)

MI Dave

Petit Corona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zaya rum on the rocks seems to go great with any cigar for me. The ice cuts the sweetness perfectly to compliment the cigar.