What's new

I must be wierd

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
When I read posts here and listened to most of the conversation at the HillyBIlly herf I've decided I must just be the odd man out. A couple of people at the herf were asking about pipes and do different pipes smoke different tobaccos differently.(they probably do I'd imagine) I listened to people that could remember what their third cigar smoked in 2007 was and how it compared to their 5th in 2009 (ok a bit of hyperbole but you get my drift) and if you one of these people then more power to you.
But that is so not me!
I don't care to pay attention to how X pipe smokes X tobacco compared to how Y pipe smokes it. I just want to light the pipe and enjoy it. 1/2 the time I don't even know what tobacco it is as it's not marked in the baggie in my pipe pouch :)

Same with cigars. I know what I like and usually pick a one out I know I'll enjoy unless I'm trying one I don't know that I was gifted. And if I do that (try a gifted one) and don't like it I don't make a mental note (or any note) that it was a dog rocket, i just toss it and move on.
And thinking about it I've been that way about all the hobbies I ever had. I love to fly planes. I know what I like to fly, how they handle in general etc but I don't and never had all the specs memorized. (I know many who did ) I knew they were easy to look up if I need to know how much weight I could carry, range and so on.

So I guess I'm just a weird, don't bug me with details type. I've tried, just can't get into.

And sports, haha.... don't even ask me about sports. I like to watch, but don't care a rip what some player did last year .
So at herfs and meet ups if you see me sitting not saying much that's why. I'm enjoying my smoke and listening, lol.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Nah, I'm much the same way, although I do make a mental note of crappy sticks to avoid in the future..
And I'M NOT WEIRD! :whistle:
Me too. With cigars, I know the basics, Maduro, ligero, Connecticut, but, I never felt the need to get a further breakdown of the different leafs used. I just want to know the flavor profile which usually just concerns mild-medium-full. I don't pay attention to country of origin (except CC's obviously).

As far as pipes go, it's kinda the same. I don't seem to care what type of Latakia is in it, I just know it's going to be English in character (if it's a heavy Lat blend). When I'm wrong about what I "think" something is going to be, I'm often pleased by the surprise.

Don't get me wrong, I love pipes and cigars, but I really like how it helps me contemplate things and soak in my environment. Heck, I can sometimes just sit, smoke, and stare at a tree:ROFLMAO:. I like to just enjoy the smoke and don't analyze it too much.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kind of in the same ballpark, Can't remember crap and that includes a notebook.
I smoke to relax and enjoy the moment,read a book, or watch the dogs eat my shoes again.
I know which tobaccos I really enjoy and I know which profiles to avoid,same with cigars I
know the ones I like and it's usually size that will stop me from smoking some others. I prefer
a smaller ring size,ligero and such around 60 is my limit.Bigger than that I have to think about
smoking and I miss out on relaxing. But then again my nickname around here is "A$$hole".
Go Figure.