What's new

I need a smoke...

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
...check out my post in the 'paper while high' thread if your curious as to why :angerFU:
damn it feels good to get that off my chest...thanks fellas!!!

now, whose gonna join me? :smokingbo

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Get used to it. After 15 years in the classroom, I have discovered that teachers will continually get scrutinized due to being in the public's eye and all the misconceptions like our day ends when we walk out of the classroom.

Of course, the best one is the arguement that we are overpaid. I smile about that one everytime I receive a bill from a doctor, lawyer, dentist, mechanic, plumber, electrician, county tax office......need I go on?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Of course, the best one is the arguement that we are overpaid. I smile about that one everytime I receive a bill from a doctor, lawyer, dentist, mechanic, plumber, electrician, county tax office......need I go on?
What's the deal? I thought you were a handy man :dunno: :grin:

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
What's the deal? I thought you were a handy man :dunno: :grin:

I'm pretty good with a screwdriver.....

but sometimes I accidentally go overboard on the OJ in and can't taste the vodka.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Get used to it. After 15 years in the classroom, I have discovered that teachers will continually get scrutinized due to being in the public's eye and all the misconceptions like our day ends when we walk out of the classroom.

Who would ever say that teachers are overpaid? IMO...Teachers are the most "UNDERPAID" people in the nation. It's our professional athletes and coaches that are overpaid!

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Who would ever say that teachers are overpaid? IMO...Teachers are the most "UNDERPAID" people in the nation. It's our professional athletes and coaches that are overpaid!
:thumbsup:

I know it sounds corny, but a good amount of our 'paychecks' do not come as monetary compensation. I truly believe the best of the best teachers are of this mind set

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0

ah, the joys of public service!!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
:thumbsup:

I know it sounds corny, but a good amount of our 'paychecks' do not come as monetary compensation. I truly believe the best of the best teachers are of this mind set
Teachers are truly the unsung heros of our workforce. Keep up the good work.