What's new

I need inspiration

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fellow homerollers,

I'm still roaming around. I have been able to work pretty much all the overtime and extra assignments I want to at work, and hunting season has gotten in the way. I haven't rolled a cigar in quite a few months, much less smoked anything. Winter has finally arrived in Oklahoma and I don't have a heated area to smoke, no lounge in town and my garage gets cold. Hunting season is nearing it's end and I have an opportunity to dive head first into homerolling again. I'll have a chance to let things age for several months before things warm back up. I have also been placed on a cigar related buying hiatus from the wife. I purchased a new bow at the beginning of the season and the agreement was--no more cigar anything until the money is replaced.

Here's the deal--below is my current inventory. Help me choose a blend, and I'll send some your way once they are rolled and ready to go. I have more tobacco than I know what to do with, and can take up some room in my humidor. I don't mind sharing. Let's have some fun with this. Post up a recipe and I'll roll it up. Note: all Leaf Only leaves are 1/4lb samples. I also have a 52rg mold, take that into account with the recipe.

SECO
Corojo Seco 1/2 lb WLT
C.V Dominican Seco 1lb WLT
Dominican Seco 2.2oz WLT
Aged Nicaraguan Seco (Jalapa) 1/4 lb LO
Nicaraguan Seco (Esteli) 1/4 lb LO
Dominican Seco (Piloto Cubano) 1/4 lb LO

VISO
Corojo Viso 1/2 lb WLT
Nicaraguan Habano Viso 2.5 oz WLT
Corojo 98 Viso 1 lb WLT
T-13 Dominican Criollo 98 Piloto Cubano (Viso) 1 lb WLT
Aged Dominican Volado Piloto Cubano (viso) 1/4 lb L

LIGERO
C.V Criollo 98 Ligero 1 lb WLT
Dominican Ligero 2.55 oz WLT
C.V Corojo Ligero 1 lb WLT
Aged Nicaraguan Ligero (Jalapa) 1/4 lb LO
Aged Nicaraguan Ligero (Esteli) 1/4 lb LO
Dominican Ligero Piloto Cubano 1/4 lb LO

Binder
Sumatra WLT
Dominican WLT
Cameroon LO

Wrapper

Honduran Cuban Seed WLT
American CT Shade Wrapper WLT (low stock)
Habano 2000 WLT
Ecuador Maduro WLT (low stock)
Corojo Oscuro WLT
Candela LO
Mexican San Andreas LO
Brazillian Mata Fina LO

I have had zero inspiration on choosing leaves for a blend. Help re-inspire me by choosing a blend and I'll toss a fiver of them your way. I need to do something with all this tobacco, I have two coolers full of leaves that are just sitting, begging to be rolled into smokes.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
i have a blend i like, not quite the same leaf but give it a try
1 leaf CV Corojo Ligero
2 to 3 leaves CV seco
nothing close on the binder, i use PA Broadleaf your Dom binder would work i guess
Habano 2k wrapper
This with my 46RG mold

Rating - 92.9%
20   1   0
I'll bite, but I'm putting this up with the understanding that I'm a chef, not a blender/roller. I have a basic understanding of how these flavors should work together.
Honduran wrapper on top of a Cameroon binder. Jalapa filler, 3/1 Seco/Ligero.
I won't hold you to anything. :p

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I like the two above am no home roller, but I would love to see an oscuro so I say

Nic Seco (Esteli)
Aged Dominican Volado Piloto Cubano
Dominican Ligero Piloto Cubano
(In a 1/1/2 ratio, so heavy ligero)

Sumatra binder
Oscuro Wrapper

Call me crazy, but I think it sounds good lol.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Piloto seco, corojo Viso, cv criollo lig, Sumatra binder, and wrap with your best Cameroon binder leaves. Shooting for a Partagas.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
"Aged Dominican Volado Piloto Cubano (viso) 1/4 lb L" Don't make sense, since a volado ain't also a viso.
CT Shade wrapper
Dom binder
1 leaf Jalapa seco
1 Corojo 98 Viso
1 (or equivalent if they are tiny leaves) T-13
1 leaf Dom Ligero (if 2.55 oz doesnt mean you have a full leaf, then whatever you got, plus a little Esteli lig)
But I wouldn't want a fiver of all the same thing. I'd say mess with stuff on each stick. Change up which Nica seco you use, which ligero, whatever. That's the beauty: mixin it up. Anyway, this will give you at least a Petit Edmundo if not a fat robusto.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just stuffed ten in the mold tonight:

3 Nic esteli seco
1 Rene
1/2 leaf makes a double Sumatra binder
CT shade wrapper.

But those are coronas. You'd have to prolly double up everything to make a 52 ring.

You don't list the Rene either. I'd substitute the Estili ligero for that.

So Im guessing like so:
5 Nic Esteli seco
2 Nic Esteli ligero
1 leaf, both halves, for a double Sumatra binder
CT shade wrapper.

Bliss, how'd you like the Rene seco test leaves Don sent?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i
I just stuffed ten in the mold tonight:

3 Nic esteli seco
1 Rene
1/2 leaf makes a double Sumatra binder
CT shade wrapper.

But those are coronas. You'd have to prolly double up everything to make a 52 ring.

You don't list the Rene either. I'd substitute the Estili ligero for that.

So Im guessing like so:
5 Nic Esteli seco
2 Nic Esteli ligero
1 leaf, both halves, for a double Sumatra binder
CT shade wrapper.

Bliss, how'd you like the Rene seco test leaves Don sent?
Dug'em. The only of the test leaves I liked. I asked him to find out wtf they are, and he asked the dude and the dude said a cross of San Vicente and Corojo99. I liked'em enough to ask if other primings were available. And what did you think?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"Aged Dominican Volado Piloto Cubano (viso) 1/4 lb L" Don't make sense, since a volado ain't also a viso.
CT Shade wrapper
Dom binder
1 leaf Jalapa seco
1 Corojo 98 Viso
1 (or equivalent if they are tiny leaves) T-13
1 leaf Dom Ligero (if 2.55 oz doesnt mean you have a full leaf, then whatever you got, plus a little Esteli lig)
But I wouldn't want a fiver of all the same thing. I'd say mess with stuff on each stick. Change up which Nica seco you use, which ligero, whatever. That's the beauty: mixin it up. Anyway, this will give you at least a Petit Edmundo if not a fat robusto.
I know it didn't, but that's how it's labeled on the bag.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions. I do realize that this can get out of hand rather quickly and I don't want to forget anyone. I'm going to have to stop request for right now so I can get to work.

Give me some time and I'll get in touch with folks and get some stuff together. I work a 4 on 3 off schedule. I'll get them done as soon as I can.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i

Dug'em. The only of the test leaves I liked. I asked him to find out wtf they are, and he asked the dude and the dude said a cross of San Vicente and Corojo99. I liked'em enough to ask if other primings were available. And what did you think?
Me too. the exclusivity of it is sweet! ..like the T-13 but, we see the T-13 out there being used. my guess, same guy.
===========================
Loved it. Told him I'd score pounds soon's he got some in.

First I wrapped that Rene with that Bonau. Gave me a boucan flavor, you know, like the buccaneers smoke cured charred steak, somewhat like those Debonaire cigars. But Debonaires takes that charred steak theory to the gackworthy max. They're awful. This stuff, OTOH, was toned down & tasty. Then I wrapped the Bonau over Cibao Valley, & found that the char all came from the Bonau. Tried the Rene next with just Sumatra binder and CT wrap, so the flavor would come thru. Moody, meaty, summat chocolate, summat spice... just my kinda leaf. Had to throw ten in the mold cause I am assembling some Christmas assortments and I wanted some freshies in with.

I rolled a pair of test gars just now. Try 'em later today. Both with a body of leaves bought as simply Dominican seco. One body flavored with a leaf of Don's test Corojo 99 A+, other with his Corojo 99 original. Now that I know that his Rene is a cross of San V and Corojp 99, I'll have to twist a test stick of San V and Corojo 99 & compare.

Shoot, I wasted the whole month looking for a stashable blend and striking out. Now I have great hopes.

I'm loving this FX Smith Sumatra as binder. Had to figure how get enough strength out of it to bind a stick. Key is to dampen it and double it over, so that your veins are criss-crossing. But that Sumatra binder with a CT shade wrapper makes for relative flavor transparency, so that your filler flavor can shine thru.

OK -- time to take the RedHead out for breakfast.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Fellow homerollers,

I'm still roaming around. I have been able to work pretty much all the overtime and extra assignments I want to at work, and hunting season has gotten in the way. I haven't rolled a cigar in quite a few months, much less smoked anything. Winter has finally arrived in Oklahoma and I don't have a heated area to smoke, no lounge in town and my garage gets cold. Hunting season is nearing it's end and I have an opportunity to dive head first into homerolling again. I'll have a chance to let things age for several months before things warm back up. I have also been placed on a cigar related buying hiatus from the wife. I purchased a new bow at the beginning of the season and the agreement was--no more cigar anything until the money is replaced.

Here's the deal--below is my current inventory. Help me choose a blend, and I'll send some your way once they are rolled and ready to go. I have more tobacco than I know what to do with, and can take up some room in my humidor. I don't mind sharing. Let's have some fun with this. Post up a recipe and I'll roll it up. Note: all Leaf Only leaves are 1/4lb samples. I also have a 52rg mold, take that into account with the recipe.

SECO
Corojo Seco 1/2 lb WLT
C.V Dominican Seco 1lb WLT
Dominican Seco 2.2oz WLT
Aged Nicaraguan Seco (Jalapa) 1/4 lb LO
Nicaraguan Seco (Esteli) 1/4 lb LO
Dominican Seco (Piloto Cubano) 1/4 lb LO

VISO
Corojo Viso 1/2 lb WLT
Nicaraguan Habano Viso 2.5 oz WLT
Corojo 98 Viso 1 lb WLT
T-13 Dominican Criollo 98 Piloto Cubano (Viso) 1 lb WLT
Aged Dominican Volado Piloto Cubano (viso) 1/4 lb L

LIGERO
C.V Criollo 98 Ligero 1 lb WLT
Dominican Ligero 2.55 oz WLT
C.V Corojo Ligero 1 lb WLT
Aged Nicaraguan Ligero (Jalapa) 1/4 lb LO
Aged Nicaraguan Ligero (Esteli) 1/4 lb LO
Dominican Ligero Piloto Cubano 1/4 lb LO

Binder
Sumatra WLT
Dominican WLT
Cameroon LO

Wrapper

Honduran Cuban Seed WLT
American CT Shade Wrapper WLT (low stock)
Habano 2000 WLT
Ecuador Maduro WLT (low stock)
Corojo Oscuro WLT
Candela LO
Mexican San Andreas LO
Brazillian Mata Fina LO

I have had zero inspiration on choosing leaves for a blend. Help re-inspire me by choosing a blend and I'll toss a fiver of them your way. I need to do something with all this tobacco, I have two coolers full of leaves that are just sitting, begging to be rolled into smokes.
It seems you have the ingredients for @BrewinHooligan Marshmallow Blend, give this one a whirl:
BHMM RECIPE
My marshmallow blend: 1/2 nica habano seco, 1/2 corojo seco, 1 corojo viso, 1/2 dom ligero, dom binder
Let me know if you need his addy. Since it's his recipe, you can send any tributes his way.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
It seems you have the ingredients for @BrewinHooligan Marshmallow Blend, give this one a whirl:
BHMM RECIPE
My marshmallow blend: 1/2 nica habano seco, 1/2 corojo seco, 1 corojo viso, 1/2 dom ligero, dom binder
Let me know if you need his addy. Since it's his recipe, you can send any tributes his way.
Hey now... Appreciate the plug but bombing is not necessary and will be handled accordingly. That recipe is a great starting point to play around with. Adjust ratios of leaves, swap leaves around. Try different wrappers, although my personal favorite is the Aripiraca, it is tasty no matter what you do.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How’s it coming
Not trying to be rude, but it's going to take me some time. I just got off work and have 3 days off. I have an assignment I have to do tomorrow and have to help a coworker out at the range in preparation for a three day rifle class he has. And Wednesday I have a training day I have to attend. Rolling cigars isn't an over night thing. I'm going to try to accommodate folks as I can. It's going to take me at least a day to prep binder and wrappeer, a day to roll, and a few days to dry and rehumidify them. Patience my friend.

The OG homerollers know what I'm talking about.

That and I work a pretty stressful job and don't get much time with my family. I will get to them, I promise, just going to have to give me some time.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Not trying to be rude, but it's going to take me some time. I just got off work and have 3 days off. I have an assignment I have to do tomorrow and have to help a coworker out at the range in preparation for a three day rifle class he has. And Wednesday I have a training day I have to attend. Rolling cigars isn't an over night thing. I'm going to try to accommodate folks as I can. It's going to take me at least a day to prep binder and wrappeer, a day to roll, and a few days to dry and rehumidify them. Patience my friend.

The OG homerollers know what I'm talking about.

That and I work a pretty stressful job and don't get much time with my family. I will get to them, I promise, just going to have to give me some time.

Yabbut... we expect immediate results cause, after all, you are so Speederiffic!

What's OG?