What's new

I now have a website.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Damn you Bill, any idea how much time I spent looking at your "build process" page! Nice info and that jointer cracks me up! I've got the Performax 16-32, but need to adjust it to have it be coplaner again as it takes a bit more off the closed end. I found a neat article online a couple years back on how to do it, printed it, lost it and can't find the site again damnit.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Damn you Bill, any idea how much time I spent looking at your "build process" page! Nice info and that jointer cracks me up! I've got the Performax 16-32, but need to adjust it to have it be coplaner again as it takes a bit more off the closed end. I found a neat article online a couple years back on how to do it, printed it, lost it and can't find the site again damnit.
Thanks very much. That lil jointer was pricey. It's a Festool which in German means "holy crap that expensive" :stretchgr. Thanks for taking the time to read the build. As you can see it also is a "fix it" story. :thinkidea I do have a 6" jointer but for the small pieces the festool works great. I actually paid 3 times more for the small jointer. :help: I do use the heck out of it though. I feel I've been given a gift so that is my way of offering a PIF. If you ever want to build one I'll be glad to help if I can.:stretchgr

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Hmmm, didn't notice the Festool green on that jointer. I've used the Festool circular saw with the track a few times, damn nice tool, damn nice. Now if I could just save up for a Domino!

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Kudos to both of you! The site looks great as does your work. I envy you your passion for your woodworking, I have always been compulsive about many interests but never passionate enough about any of them to truly enjoy them.

So what's the BOTL group discount rate? :glassesgr

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Just finished going trough the build process... and WOW.
You have skill!!
Love the complexity of everything, and how you strive to make everything just right.
You are second to none!! The 2 color joints are beautiful.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hmmm, didn't notice the Festool green on that jointer. I've used the Festool circular saw with the track a few times, damn nice tool, damn nice. Now if I could just save up for a Domino!

Funny you mention Domino. All the frames of the base and the lid are Dominoed at the miter joints. For those of you that don't know what Domino is, it's a tool that is rediculously expensive that makes mortise and tenon joints. Festool is a German tool company that makes some awesome tools and are proud of it. Domino set up properly is 1k to install a little wooden domino like piece of wood.:wtf:

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
You guys are too kind. Thank you. I do accept cigars as partial payment.:cbig:
And can I work off the other part? I can make some ugly..err..Unique humidors... We can call it the Picasso series, by Humidor Minister & Danilo
Cant guarantee the sale #'s though...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, I'm a good teacher:stretchgr (Actually my employees say I'm a hard ass)

I tell them goes good with being a smart ass.:stretchgr

One of my finest Humidors yet is just around the corner.:cbig:

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very nice products, the humidor are very nice, but those ashtrays are almost mesmerising. Someone probably already asked this, but I'm too lazy to scan through posts...is there a rough price list? Or is it piece-by-piece due to different woods used, size, etc.

I also lke the quote that's on the front page:
"The bitterness of poor quality, lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten."

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very nice products, the humidor are very nice, but those ashtrays are almost mesmerising. Someone probably already asked this, but I'm too lazy to scan through posts...is there a rough price list? Or is it piece-by-piece due to different woods used, size, etc.

I also lke the quote that's on the front page:
"The bitterness of poor quality, lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten."
If you like, PM me and I'll give you the run down on everything. Thanks for your interest.

I have another quote for my car audio business too. "What you listen to is your business......What you hear is ours:smokingbo" I saw your JL logo so I had to throw that out there.