What's new

I think you should read this

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
http://forums.cigarweekly.com/viewtopic.php?t=95908

SLA 03..fake code? Heads up, brothers..

For those not able to access CW Forums...

Hi guys for all its worth this is from the horses mouth from the official source

Hi Steve,

Please see my comments below regarding the cigars you've told me. These cigars are completely fakes. Probably they are from the same source that Cigar Affair was selling these fakes from Singapore. I don't if I have told you but Habanos S.A has raided their shop in Novotel Hotel in Singapore with customs and police and confiscated the cigars. They have also started proceedings against them. Have in mind that the fake Limited Edicions they were selling had the same code as you've told me for your customer's Cohiba Piramides that he bought (SLA 03).

Remember the fakes Partagas Piramides from ----- and ----- Gold Coast, Queensland had the same code. This code was verified
from Habanos S.A as a fake code, there is no factory code as such and
Habanos SA. has never produced cigars under this code. This was used against Cigar Affair case in Singapore (see above).

- We all know that Cohiba Pyramids Limited Edition was launched Mid-2002.
There is not chance any of these cigars were produced in May 2003.
- Something familiar with this SLA 03 code. Most of the boxes of Cohiba
Limited Edition offered by Cigar Affair in Singapore CARRIED THIS VERY CODE
!!!!!!!! ( Same supplier ? )

- Please take into account that cigars need at least 15 days in the factory
after production + transportation to Habanos S.A. warehouse + shipping, etc. Cohiba Double coronas EL 2003 with Jan 2005 box codes

How is possible that we have already in the market cigars produced in
January 2005 ??? Today is only 27th !!!! For God sake !!!!
- Another point: Habanos S.A. resumed exports only on January 15th after
been closed for over a month during Christmas. First shipments are just
arriving to the markets. It is not possible somebody can offer cigars
produced this month.

- These guys in the web site are offering a Montecristo Robusto & Double
Corona New Limited Edition only available in Canada. Habanos S.A. NEVER PRODUCES LIMITED EDITION ONLY FOR ONE MARKET.
They might export SPECIAL PRODUCTIONS (regular lines) for some markets (that we know ) but not a Limited Edition.

As for the claim that they buy these cigars from the official distributor in
Canada (Havana House Cigars) it is completly false. - Havana House simply never had and will never sell these kind of products.

I hope that makes more clear for your customers and helps them not to get ripped off by various people

Be careful out there folks, one might get ripped off!

C

MoTheMan

A herfin' herf.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Read it on CW. The pictures that were referenced really did not look authentic.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
for those of you that don't know the full story, the fake SLA 03 code only applies to cohiba piramides. if you have other non-cohibamids with the SLA 03 code do not throw them out thinking they are fakes. I happen to have a few boxes of bolivar royal coronas wit that same code, the are smoking nicely and are 100% authentic.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
crossbow said:

Hi guys for all its worth this is from the horses mouth from the official source

Hi Steve,

Please see my comments below regarding the cigars you've told me. These cigars are completely fakes. Probably they are from the same source that Cigar Affair was selling these fakes from Singapore. I don't if I have told you but Habanos S.A has raided their shop in Novotel Hotel in Singapore with customs and police and confiscated the cigars. They have also started proceedings against them. Have in mind that the fake Limited Edicions they were selling had the same code as you've told me for your customer's Cohiba Piramides that he bought (SLA 03).

Remember the fakes Partagas Piramides from ----- and ----- Gold Coast, Queensland had the same code. This code was verified
Habanos SA. has never produced cigars under this code. This was used against Cigar Affair case in Singapore (see above).

after production + transportation to Habanos S.A. warehouse + shipping, etc. Cohiba Double coronas EL 2003 with Jan 2005 box codes

produced this month.

Corona New Limited Edition only available in Canada. Habanos S.A. NEVER PRODUCES LIMITED EDITION ONLY FOR ONE MARKET.
They might export SPECIAL PRODUCTIONS (regular lines) for some markets (that we know ) but not a Limited Edition.

Canada (Havana House Cigars) it is completly false. - Havana House simply never had and will never sell these kind of products.

I hope that makes more clear for your customers and helps them not to get ripped off by various people

C
Steven

The Straits Times Singapore has confirmed that all the seized cuban cigars by Habanos S.A. have been returned to Cigar Affair by the order of the Singapore Government Court on 27 December 2005. This guys deal in real cuban stuff. If you guys are interested, you guys can email me and i can send you a copy of the article.

Sathis

C

Cancerz

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
crossbow said:

Hi Steve,

produced this month.

C

Hi Steve,

I have read the news on the alleged trademark infringement lawsuit against Cigar Affair Singapore with much great interest. The plaintiff, David Tang’s Pacific Cigar Company Ltd, had brought these charges against Cigar Affair around middle of August 2003.

I have been a connoisseur of Cuban cigars since three decades agos ever since my professional retirement and some of my collections spanning from vintage cigars collected in 1970s. I have recently in the past three years travelled to Singapore for pleasure trips and during one of my stops there, visited quite a few cigar retail shops. Few of the shops I stopped by are Cigar Affair, Oaks and Habanos.

At my first stop in Cigar Affair in particular, I noticed the ranges of Cubans were well stocked and well maintained. Of course, I did also scrutinised the quality of the cubans, looking at the manufacture of the boxes, the fine roll of the cigars and the codes by Habanos SA. I have no reason to suspect them of being ungenuine or fakes. I note them to be of the true genuine article, of legit material. This was after talking to their surprisingly friendly and courteous staff, especially a lady who introduced herself as Esther, who gave me a thorough introduction of all the cubans in their store, and then I looking at their premium ranges like their Cohibas and Partagas in their boxes.

I use the word 'surprisingly friendly and courteous' to describe Cigar Affair's staff due to the stern fact that most of the other cigar stores I had visited were not usually as friendly as Cigar Affair.

I purchased two boxes of Cohiba Limited Edicions and one box of Montecristos As before I left the store. Til date, I have smoked almost my entire stock bought from them and I find the smokes satisfying and enjoyable. I trust my expertise in my knowlege of Cubans that my smokes are of true legit stuff. I can say I have and still have fond memories of my visit of Cigar Affair.

Will I ever return back there to buy cubans again? Well, I see no reason why not.

Jose Scarrot
Melbourne

C

Cancerz

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi Steve,

I have read the news on the alleged trademark infringement lawsuit against Cigar Affair Singapore with much great interest. The plaintiff, David Tang’s Pacific Cigar Company Ltd, had brought these charges against Cigar Affair around middle of August 2003.

I have been a connoisseur of Cuban cigars since three decades agos ever since my professional retirement and some of my collections spanning from vintage cigars collected in 1970s. I have recently in the past three years travelled to Singapore for pleasure trips and during one of my stops there, visited quite a few cigar retail shops. Few of the shops I stopped by are Cigar Affair, Oaks and Habanos.

At my first stop in Cigar Affair in particular, I noticed the ranges of Cubans were well stocked and well maintained. Of course, I did also scrutinised the quality of the cubans, looking at the manufacture of the boxes, the fine roll of the cigars and the codes by Habanos SA. I have no reason to suspect them of being ungenuine or fakes. I note them to be of the true genuine article, of legit material. This was after talking to their surprisingly friendly and courteous staff, especially a lady who introduced herself as Esther, who gave me a thorough introduction of all the cubans in their store, and then I looking at their premium ranges like their Cohibas and Partagas in their boxes.

I use the word 'surprisingly friendly and courteous' to describe Cigar Affair's staff due to the stern fact that most of the other cigar stores I had visited were not usually as friendly as Cigar Affair.

I purchased two boxes of Cohiba Limited Edicions and one box of Montecristos As before I left the store. Til date, I have smoked almost my entire stock bought from them and I find the smokes satisfying and enjoyable. I trust my expertise in my knowlege of Cubans that my smokes are of true legit stuff. I can say I have and still have fond memories of my visit of Cigar Affair.

Will I ever return back there to buy cubans again? Well, I see no reason why not.

Jose Scarrot
Melbourne

C

Cancerz

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The news article about the Cuban Cigars being returned back to Cigar Affair by the Singapore Police. This is a first ever PRECEDENT case where goods seized by the police in Singapore are ever returned. Previously all goods seized by the Police are never returned. Pacific Cigar Company were forced to return all seized cigars through the Police back to Cigar Affair.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/12/29/asia/12981130&sec=asia

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Interesting indeed...but the article does not talk of authenticy? Just the fact that Pacific Cigar filed 3 months too late so they had to be returned? They were not returned due to authenticity...am I correct?

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
sathis,

First of all, welcome aboard.

Secondly, multiple accounts by the same person are not permitted. Your second sign-in name of cancerz has been removed.

Thirdly, as others have said, I am confused also on what your intentions are. If you are here to share the Brotherhood, I suggest you ease in by starting a thread in the Introduction room in order to meet our fine members.

David