What's new

I Was Involved In A Car Accident

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Milwaukee, WI. So i was on my home from work on April 14, 2014 at around 10:15pm. It was sleeting and snowing all day but by the time i left the restaurant, it had stopped. The roads didn't seem to slick in my 2014 Volkswagen Tiguan with AWD. I left the restaurant in Hales Corners and got on highway 45 heading north towards Milwaukee. I just passed the Highway 100 exit and came over the hill to see maybe 15 cars piled up on the bottom of the hill. There was a car in front of me that started slowing down and so did I. I touched my brakes and all four wheels locked up. It was all black ice. I was heading right for the back of a school bus and all the other cars. I turned the wheel hard left to avoid smashing into the cars and ended up sliding all the way across the 3 lane highway right to the concrete barrier. I hit the barrier head on and bounced back about 10 feet. The airbag deployed and my seatbelt locked up tight. A Kia Soul came sliding in between my vehicle and the barrier. Then a Chevy Cavalier T-boned me on the driver side. I saw the semi coming straight for us. I thought to myself, "This is how i'm going to go..." I braced myself. The semi driver pulled hard to the left and then hard to the right, hitting the back of a school bus and jack knifing in the middle of the highway. I could hear all the other cars piling up behind him. After everything was finally stopped, a lady came over the speakers in my car and was saying she was with Volkswagen's Crash Response Team. She asked if i was okay and then called the sheriffs department. I got out of my car along with everyone else to see if everyone was alright. Everyone was shaken up including myself. I was talking to the semi driver and he said he knew if he smashed through the cars, there would be body bags so he tried actually driving off the bridge but ended up hitting the back of the school bus. Out of the 40ish cars involved in the accident, there was one minor injury. Thanks to that semi driver's quick thinking and my Volkswagen's safety equipment, I'm here today writing this post. The only injury i sustained was an airbag burn on my left arm.

My Tiguan is in the middle of the picture. This is a picture from the news. They don't show the other 15 cars smashed up in front of me.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Damn brother! Thank god everyone is alright! Foooooooook that'll get the ol' heart crapping it's pants lol. Sorry about the ride... Small price for your life. Man...shit can get hairy real quick huh?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just remember saying to myself when my wheels locked up, "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!" Then i hit the barrier. Surprisingly my heart wasn't racing. I knew it was going to happen so i just braced myself and let things run its course. My heart started crapping when i finally got out of the vehicle to see all the damage. It was a lease with full coverage so we will get a new one soon. =] Thanks brothers for the lover

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Glad to hear only few injury's, black ice is scarier to me than skydiving, i hate it

Aw man, you haven't lived to you've sky dived. It's awesome!!!!
I have sky dived (tandem), never will experience a high like that again unless I try heroin I hear.. but yeah I was saying how much I hate black ice, cuz the fear of never knowing ur on it till its too late. my next biggest fear are sinkholes, I feel that's how I'm gonna go out, pathetic...