What's new

I Will Never Forget

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Bet you remember what you were doing when you heard the news. I'm still pissed. Boys if you own a flag, it should be flying today.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I was one my way to Fort Leonard Wood, I had to stop by a house we had just finished to check out a phone line and the owner came and got me. We watched the second plane hit the tower and I raced to Ft. Wood to get my guys, I got in but we were not allowed to leave. We sat in a classroom watching it on TV as Dads & Moms came to kiss their kids goodbye.

This was the saddest day in my life watching parents and children say goodbye and the destruction unfold live. It is a feeling I never want to relive but do too many times each year. I thought with time it might but alas it won't and I am glad in a way.

My son just signed up to be a Marine he had many reasons education, retire early but when he told his mother and I (he is 17 and had to convince his mom & I to let him enter the delayed entry program) he was doing it because he remembered that day and how I felt not being able to protect him, his sisters, mother from something like this I hugged him, told him I loved him and signed the paper with a huge lump in my throat (you can't cry in front of a Marine).

God Bless America and those brave enough to defend her.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I was at work. Heard about it first on the radio on my desk and shortly thereafter everyone in the office was crowded around the small TV in our little back storage/receiving area.

You are correct. I will never forget.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I still remember it like yesterday. i also will never forget.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was at work when I heard the news, the rest of the day was spent listening to the radio as more news came in. I've been to both Shanksville and the World Trade Center site, you can't go to these places and not remember that day, the loss of life and the American spirit that came through during one of the darkest times in our country's history. The other thing that caught my eye today was the new post counter here was at 343, the same number of FDNY firefighters lost, may you reat in peace brothers, we will never forget!

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I was sound asleep in my barracks room onboard naval station pearl harbor. I had two other roommates we where all stationed on the USS Reuben James (FFG-57) when one of the guys mother called him "we had a 5-7hr time difference" and telling him something about the towers and turn the tv on. We thought he was messing around since it was like 1-2 in the morning and told me shut up go to sleep we gotta work at 0730. Finally we figured we'd hush him up and turn the tv on and see that we all woke up and shortly there after the ship recalled everyone. We made preparations to get underway and all foreign ships inport where told to leave. I think it was the Chilean naval ship "Esmerelda". Once the crew who could make it back to the ship no matter where they was at. We got underway like 4 days later to guard the Honolulu Airport on the island of Ohau. I had to call my family and it wasn't pretty, because at that time I couldn't tell them where I was going or when I would return. We thought ah were going to watch the airport and come home. But they had us on standby to take that trip across the pond to the middle east.

RIP: To everyone who gave there all, and those whom lost someone fighting for old glory

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was in class... i may have only been in 6th grade but i knew the severity of it... i want to personally thank each and every person in the armed forces, without them our country would be nothing, without them we wouldn't have the freedom to have a cigar forum, without soldiers past and present our country wouldn't be who it is today... the greatest country in all of the world... i sure do love this place

God Bless and Never Forget

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I was at home watching it all happen. No Americian should ever forget, or forgive for what happened to us on that fateful day. There are still people out there hiding out across the world who will still pay for what they did.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I was in DC for traffic court. I heard all of the news over the radio on the way in, and the DJ kept saying that he couldn't believe this was an accident as it was a clear and sunny day in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.

Once in DC there seemed to be so much confusion, as that was the talk everywhere. But, I parked my car illegally as I was running late, and made it to the courthouse when they were evacuating. Someone had said a bomb had gone off and people were running everywhere. So I got back in my car to get the hell out of DC.

I turned to take the bridge to Virginia because I figured that would be fastest, and that's when I saw it: Smoke coming from the Pentagon.

The police made everyone turn around, and man, I must have driven over 100 mph all the way home, all the time looking towards the sky......

I'll never forget that day.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I was in working in Atlanta that morning. I was in the lobby of the hotel grabbing some breakfast when I heard someone mention it. I assumed it was a Cessna or something. The next thing I know I'm walking outside to Apache helicopters flying around downtown Atlanta. It felt like a DMZ. That night at dinner there was no one on the road. Felt really strange.

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
I think never forgetting is the greatest memorial we can provide. I am sure 9/11 changed all of our live forever. God bless those who did not make it that day and to all those who helped those that did.