What's new

Ideas for the ultimate smoking room...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are designing our next house. We are in the notes-scribbled-on-pages stage, right now.

I want it to be separately ventilated, of course. I was thinking of leather, rather than cloth furniture, so it won't absorb the smell too much. This might be a waste of time, though.

One thing for sure is one of these:

Any other ideas? Does anyone here have or know of the ultimate smoking room?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
What type of ventilation system are you going to put in? I'd love to install one in my office, but it will have to be in a few years. Too many other things on the table at the moment.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I would go by the local B&Ms and look at the club sections and see the things you like and don't like there. Personally, I would also incorporate other hobbies of yours. Things that just make alot of sense are like golf stuff, or sailing stuff, or whatever it is that you enjoy and would help you relax and enjoy a good cigar.

Oh, ya, and a plasma screen and a top notch sound system are a must.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I would go by the local B&Ms and look at the club sections and see the things you like and don't like there. Personally, I would also incorporate other hobbies of yours. Things that just make alot of sense are like golf stuff, or sailing stuff, or whatever it is that you enjoy and would help you relax and enjoy a good cigar.

Oh, ya, and a plasma screen and a top notch sound system are a must.
What about strippers? You could put a pole in the middle of the room. That would be relaxing. :stretchgr

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would definitely have a negative suction system in the ceiling. (That's where they pump is pretty far from the suction, so that you can't hear it working) Definitely leather furniture. Plenty of end-tables and such for ashtrays. And although those humidor tables look cool, I remember a thread a while back on CW where the guy said his never held humidity. Maybe some weather stripping would help...

Good luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
And although those humidor tables look cool, I remember a thread a while back on CW where the guy said his never held humidity. Maybe some weather stripping would help...
I think that is the deal with all that cheap stuff. I would definitely want one of those tables, but I would also make sure I resealed all the joints.

adodson

linux geek
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't know what kind of atmosphere you seek with your smoking room, but I'll describe my buddy's lounge, of which I am most envious.

It is a small room, about 10' by 20'. The lighting is controlled on an analog dimmer. There's a projector hanging from the ceiling wired to Xbox, PC, TiVo, etc. Stereo and AV gear in a bookshelf in one wall. Leather couch and love seat at 90 degree angle share a coffee table with a desktop humidor (your built-in above would be better). He also has a pinball machine in the corner, and his bass amp with basses hanging on the wall for just doodling along with the stereo (not enough room for a band in there).

It's a great place to watch a football game, play Xbox, or surf the net on the projector, or just crank up the stereo, dim the lights and mellow out.

He doesn't have any wet works, so I'd add a mini-fridge and small liquor cabinet. Actually, if I had this room, I'd add a hammock and adjoining bathroom and just live there. Hehe. I'm so jealous of his lounge.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if your wife would object, but I would install hot and cold running Bimbo's................

I know my gf would object, but hey, we are talking about the "Ultimate Smoking Room"......

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
In another post some ideas on "man caves" below. Not sure what happened to IndyRob's pics, but there were several of them. Best of luck brother.

That table looks nice, but does not look very practical. I would stick to the more solid wood end tables or cabinets offered at cigar solutions or aristocrat. Those are heirloom type pieces that should last forever.

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=11571&highlight=cave