What's new

If you could blend your own brand (or if you do)

Centro33

Smoke. Quaff. Sleep.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The auld mind's been racing today, and a topic I'm sure we all contemplate from time to time has been an object of obsession.

Specifically, this: if you had a chance to have your own cigar line, which factory (real world) would you pick to work with? When I say real world, I'm kind of excluding Pepín, Fuente, La Aurora, etc. I'd love to hear what other people think on this, it might introduce us to some new cigars along the way.

The first ones that come to mind, for me, are Raíces, Reyes Family, the factory making the Calibre 58 (if Nestor would tell us), Gran Habano. I suppose it would come down to what you want as well.

Raíces makes nothing but awesome stuff (Fernandez, Illusione, Esencia, Viaje for starters) but they aren't exactly a ground floor operation nowadays.

I don't even know if Reyes works with people in this capacity.

Who makes the Calibre 58?

I have it on good authority that Gran Habano's a smart choice.

So, what would you do?

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Uhm...either Pete Johnson or Drew Estates would be cool to work with. Do those qualify as "real world". They're both awesome Pete and JD are both fun guys, do some great stuff, and passionate as hell about cigars.

Dan

MiamiE

Herfing 24/7
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Well Pete is out of the My Father so that's out the window. I would go with the Raices factory. Maybe a lonsdale size cigar with the Skull and Bones or Exclusivo blend. I am dying for Viaje or Tatuaje to release an LE lonsdale, but I understand this size just isn't marketable nowadays.