What's new

If you could start over again, where would you start?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where would you start if you could reintroduce yourself to CCs
sean

i would skip the "entry level" cigars that (for me) were the churchills pyramids and robustos...and go straight to the petit coronas , tres petit coronas and coronas.

not that i was suffering with smoking larger cigars...its just they arent the size i(soon found out) prefer...you like thousands of others may find these sizes to be correct for you tho.

derrek

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
IMHO... I would restart right where I began.

Hoyo de Monterrey - Double Corona, Epicure 1, Epicure Especiales
Montecristo - A, #2
Romeo y Julieta - Churchill
Bolivar - Coronas Gigantes

Those opened my senses to CC's and helped shape my tastes for cigars and exploring new manufacturers, blends and sizes.

Thanks, Marv! RIP

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
IMHO... I would restart right where I began.

Hoyo de Monterrey - Double Corona, Epicure 1, Epicure Especiales
Montecristo - A, #2
Romeo y Julieta - Churchill
Bolivar - Coronas Gigantes

Those opened my senses to CC's and helped shape my tastes for cigars and exploring new manufacturers, blends and sizes.

Thanks, Marv! RIP
Agreed on the A! The Monte A is a fantastic cigar.

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Agreed on the A! The Monte A is a fantastic cigar.
It is a great cigar! I started smoking cigars almost 20 years ago. I met this shop attendant (Marv) at Cigar King in Skokie, IL in the mid nineties. He gave me a Montecristo and a H Upmann that started me down the CC road. As it was my first cigar brand, I always have a special affinity for Montecristos; especially the Monte A!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Coming from stout NC maduros like I did, I think there really couldn't have been a better start than Partegas for me.

The first PSD4 blew me away. Just really blew me away, it was so delicious. The Bolivar RC also really wowed me.

And both set me up for the milder, but just amazing, Montecristo 2.

I don't think I would re-do it any other way.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Hold the phone...

Did you say you are planning a trip (or trips) to the LCDH in Tijuana?

I have been a bit out of the loop on CC's recently so I may be way off here, but I do NOT think they are a reputable retailer..

In any other city around the world, your local LCDH is absolutely the place (and sometimes the ONLY place) to get genuine Havanas, but I am not so sure about the one in TJ.

Love for some other long time BOTL's to weigh in here....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great post!

I started with RyJ just because it's what my father smoked... but if I could do it again...

I'd start with Monte... probably a No.4 and work into a No.2...

Then I'd move over into playing with some VR stuff... Famosos and Unicos...

Next would have to be an Upmann journey... Mag46 and No.2...

Partagas would be the first venture into just a little spice like PSD4 and PSP2 and Shorts.

Bolivar Belicoso Finos would be next as I learn to enjoy more strength and depth... and some BRC...

I'd finish off finally enjoying the refinement of age at Cohiba with Robustos, Sig Vs and Sig VIs...

When my son is born someday... poor guy with have his first year of cigar experiences mapped out for him. :)

Awesome is suggestion is all I can say. I'm setting this up as my Cuban cigar "journey" over the course of the next month. Haven't had an authentic Cuban in quite some time so hopefully this will be a good start. :chat:

audio1der

Cuban cigar snob #1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel fortunate to say I wouldn't do anything differently.
Try as many brands & sizes as you can, then buy boxes of your favorites as time, funds and space allow. DO NOT listen to anyone else; your favorite may be a stick everyone around you don't reccommend. Case in point, I have a glass stomach but my favorite brands are Bolivar & Cohiba, both known to be strong.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
ThanX for all the info guys and thanX to Sean for starting this post lots of good recommendations I will use when looking at ccs