What's new

If you were me....

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yea the bottem line is I don't want to spend a fortune for that HTF stick. If I did it would probibly be the Padron Ann 26 however I guess I should say "a stick thats AFORDABLE, good and yet hard to find". I really don't want to put alot of cash down for a cigar and I really can't. It's more out of curiosity I asked this question due to the fact I've never heard of alot of the cigars some of you talk about.
A good example is the thread by Twenty5 "Top 10 Cigars". I love that thread however I don't know what half of thoes cigars are. We just don't have thoes kinda sticks here.
Does some of the confusion have to do with everyone's penchant for using nicknames, abbreviations, and acronyms? If so, my best advice is to simply type in some of them into the search function or do a google search. Trust me, a lot of people use those nicknames (WOAM for Work of Art Maduro, RASS for Ramon Allones Specially Selected, etc.) online, and you can easily track them down that way (I've done that myself and have come up with great results).

Once you've figured out all the names and all the lines, etc., and sorted through them, try looking for reviews, either on this forum or, again, on google. There are tons of blogs and reviews, and although cigar preferences are totally subjective, you can bet that if five out of seven smokers find the same basic profile in a stick (earthy, woodsy, floral, etc.), that you'll most likely encounter those flavors too. That's the best way to see what whets your curiosity and your appetite (and fits your budget), regardless of whether or not they're hard to find.

After that, it's only a matter of time before you'll end up locating whatever it it that's caught your eye. And hey, you're on this forum, right? This is a great place to search for those htfs. So, like everyone else, I'll simply wish you luck.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I may be the oddity but I think a lot of what has made some sticks great to me is the company I was with or what I was doing at the time. You always remember the stick you were smoking when you score a hole in one on the course and you continue to smoke it every time hoping to have it happen again.