What's new

Illusione Epernay Le Ferme (Robusto)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Le Ferme - robusto 5 1/4x48
Strength: mild/medium
Body: medium/full
Tobacco origin: Nicaragua

I'm still a bit of a newbie, but of the 35 cigars I've tried this has the best smoke of anything I've enjoyed thus far.

It really had an excellent flavor, but I didn't make enough notes about what those flavors were. I tend to like cigars with a sweeter cocoa flavor and I enjoy a little spice, but I don't remember this one being especially spicy. It also didn't kick too much so I didn't feel sick despite it being my second cigar for the night.

The construction of the stick I had was terrible - and it had been in a well maintained humidor from the cigar lounge I purchased it from for months. Despite a clean shallow cut (by the cigar lounge cigar sommelier) the head came unraveled, but it didn't stop me from enjoying it. It also had a ragged burn and required about 4 or 5 touch ups which was very annoying. This made me wonder if it had been a little over humidified, but it never plugged so I think it was just a poorly constructed or damaged stick. It was flavorful enough that it was worth touching up again.

I gave it a 9 based on everything I've had (mostly premium cigars). I really enjoyed it overall and would definitely smoke again. 0.5 deducted for very poor construction.

The Le Taureau (5.5 x 56) was #3 for Cigar of the Year in 2011 by Cigar Aficionado.

I wasn't planning on doing a review so I didn't get a good picture of it. My picture was just to capture the name so I could remember what I smoked for my spreadsheet. ;-)

Illusione Epernay Le Ferme.jpg

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
but of the 35 cigars I've tried this has the best smoke of anything I've enjoyed thus far.
I should clarify that when I say it had the best smoke - I mean the white stuff - great smoke output. I've had better cigars, but none of have output better smoke than this one. It did linger on the palate quite a bit which turned off the misses, so prepare to brush well! ;-)

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
but of the 35 cigars I've tried this has the best smoke of anything I've enjoyed thus far.
I should clarify that when I say it had the best smoke - I mean the white stuff - great smoke output. I've had better cigars, but none of have output better smoke than this one. It did linger on the palate quite a bit which turned off the misses, so prepare to brush well! ;-)
Have you smoked any drew estate stuff lol. You can send smoke signals

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have you smoked any drew estate stuff lol. You can send smoke signals
No I haven't tried any yet - any recommendation for one? I typically like a mild to medium body (aka kick) but medium to full flavor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Epernay is a great smoke. I recently started to experimenting with the Illussione brand and have not been disappointed.