Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Cafe Rosado
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan Corojo/Criollo
Size: 6 x 46
Price: $8 a stick.

Libation/Pairing: Bottled Water

Construction & Appearance: This cigar offers a slightly veiny appearance. The wrapper is smooth and is rolled tight. There is a slight oil sheen to this cigar. The foot seems to be packed nicely, showing no signs of any problems.

Pre-light Draw: I decided to use a medium sized punch for this stick. The draw is just about perfect for my liking. Cold draw offers an earthy, slightly sweet finish. Time to light her up.

Ash and Burn: The burn was nice and even throughout, promoting a nicely stacked ash. Light gray in color, very nice. No touch ups were required for this one. There is a slight on and off gust of wind that wouldn't allow me to keep an ash past an inch.

Overall Flavor 1/3: Tons of smoke off the bat. Started out spicy and had a strong natural tobacco flavor, w/ just a tad of a sweetness to the finish. Was a tad throaty in the beginning, which I don't tend to like to much. Mellowed out after a few puff's and stayed smooth. Flavors of coffee, and earth started to show up after the first 5 puff, so far so good. Sweetness built up, and I got some grassy tones, and the coffee still lingers in the background, but not prominent. The smoke started to get a creamy smoothness to it, which I love! Flavor built up as it's being smoked down, awesome array of complex flavors going into the 2/3.

2/3 - Boy this is getting good, starting to get a little bit of cocoa and it's staying complex, offering flavors of earth, coffee, cocoa, finishing w/ a creamy smooth sweetness.

3/3 - Keeping the classic "Illusione" flavors, but are building in strength and body. It's a full body smoke at this point and ended very nicely, no bitterness and just started to get hot before I put her down to rest at the nub.

Final Thought: I tend to really enjoy Illusione cigars, and this was no exception. This cigar produces an amazing aroma, that anyone should be able to enjoy. No bitterness and stayed smooth throughout the stick. This was a little spicier than other Epernay's I've had, but very enjoyable none the less. Medium strength, medium-full in body. I will be re-visiting this cigar again, very soon! I suggest anyone who has not tried an Epernay to do so immediately, you will not be disappointed. Worthy of a box purchase? Hell yes! :starrylov

Attachments

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I wasn't too fond of the one I smoked Friday night. It finished off great but waiting for that to happen meant smoking half of an OK cigar. Maybe the next will be better. Thanks for the review.