What's new

Illusione Epernay Le Matin

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Is anyone else finding these as incredible as I am? :bangbang:This stick tastes like a whole different blend from the regular Epernay line. Kinda Padron-y too. Thoughts?

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I just got a 5er of Le Petites and a mixed 5er of other Epernay and I was blown away. Absolutely delicious. A flavor profile so different from all other stogies I've had. They managed to be smooth and mild yet full of flavor and they ramp up with a nice kick that takes the edge of the day off. Delicious. Easily the best "mild" cigar I have had. Not sure if "mild" is the correct descriptor but it works for me. Guess I will have to get some Matins.

tandblov

Just Another Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I concur with the OP. Easily the best cigar of the year, and very different from the other epernay line. Sweet, honey and vanilla character with a wonderful finish.

I've smoked a few now, and my conclusion is the same. A box purchase is definitely in the cards!

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Looked for these today and couldn't find them at my B&M. Ironically, I chose a Padron.

Any recos about where to start with Illusione? Someone told me the 68 and 88 were "meh." He smokes a lot of Tats and La Trivdas.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Would the box press account for the divergent profile? In any case I'd love to see how these differ, the Epernay/~eccj~ blend being among my favorites....

tandblov

Just Another Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these don't taste even remotely like the ECCJ to me (which I disliked enough to sell my box).

as for starting with Illusione, everyone has their favorites. I'm a huge lover of MK's and HL's, followed by F9's and 68's (the 68's are freaking great short smokes!)

but try a few, and see what YOU think. Dan has some good samplers I bet.

I rarely rave about how good a cigar is, but the Le Matin is AMAZING! It's exactly what I look for in a smoke. I have a hard time loudly praising very many non-cuban cigars, but this one is a winner.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Would the box press account for the divergent profile? In any case I'd love to see how these differ, the Epernay/~eccj~ blend being among my favorites....
Dion had mentioned that for the box press he had to remove one leaf. Says it quite dramaticly changes the flavour. I am looking for ward to the box pressed 888. There is also a box pressed 4/2g as well.

Posted via Mobile Device

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Dion had mentioned that for the box press he had to remove one leaf. Says it quite dramaticly changes the flavour. I am looking for ward to the box pressed 888. There is also a box pressed 4/2g as well.

Posted via Mobile Device

That makes sense. I love the 888––wonder how the box press'll change that one. Thanks for the info!