Size: 5 1/4 x 56
Strength: Medium -Full
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper Type: Nicaraguan Corojo
Color: Colorado Maduro
Binder / Filler: Nicaragua / Nicaragua
Grade: Hand Rolled / Long Filler
Blender: Dion Giolito

Purchased at my local B&M, sitting for a months and I love the big ring sticks and why I picked it over the family of Epernay sizes offered .

Prelight: Sweet hay, natural tobacco aroma, I am not normally a big box-pressed cigar guy, I know that making them is a challenge to not get them to soft or hard and this ones getting me nervous with it being sponging from top to bottom and some damage to the foot, not having a cellophane wrapper to protected it.

1st 1/3
Sweet cocoa, very light pepper, coffee, spice, especially on the finish with some mild honey notes on the front.

Great draw to be expected with the loose construction, burn line a little wonky, no smokestack resting smoke similar to the Undercrown's with there heavy oils and putting off tons of static smoke.

What set this cigar apart so far is the flavor balance, with no note dominating.
I love the honey note on the finish, mixed with the spice and it still mixes in the sweet cocoa, light pepper and coffee.

The spongy construction seems to not be taking away from the quality of the cigar and after a few more I'll learn what the consistency of it's normalcy is.

2nd 1/3
The after taste are meaty and very flavorful, the second third adds some cedar with the departure of the light pepper and the spice dying down but still there.

The burn line in still a bit wonky but hasn't gotten worse, the smoke out put is huge, along with the great draw
All the remaining notes are fusing into a creamery smoke well worth the price of admission

Last 1/3
RoMa Craft Tobac, Undercrown, My Uzi Weighs a Ton, Liga Privada #9, Alec Bradley MAXX 'The Fix', Ashton VSG Enchantment, Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project Muy Bueso are some of my top picks but this stick is kicking there ass and fast becoming my new favorite.

All the cigars mention can't compete with the Illusione Epernay Le Taureau ability to be excellent from the first light, where most cigars need to warm up into the 2nd 1/3 to shine.

The Le Taureau is now drifting slightly towards full strength with the N buzz hitting me a bit but not where I go dizzy.

Continues with the wonderful after taste and the notes bubbling to the top and letting the others move in gracefully.

Burn line now very straight here in the last 1/3, I wouldn't say it is the most complex stick out there but a well balanced cigar.

The soft construction feel didn't hamper the quality at all and in my opinion a cigar that should not be missed and box worthy even at it higher price point.

Smoke time: 1hr 35min
Score: 10 out of 10

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice review. I really think this blend loses a lot in the bigger ring gauges though.
I'll take from your experience and enjoy the whole line before pulling the trigger on a box, but this stick was killer and excited if the smaller ones take me by surprise.
Thanks Brother!