What's new

Illusione MK Ultra

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
play-by-play as I smoke it right now...

Conditions: Snowstorm, 95RH and 34F. Space heater pointed at the ashtray.

Prior smokes tonight: 1 LP9 robusto that I enjoyed the hell out of.

The cigar: Illusione MK Ultra maduro with 2 weeks dryboxing.

Typos: due to shivering.

Paired with: Sailor Jerry/Bacardi 151 and coke zero. 3 so far.

Pre-light: no inspection - sorry guys.

First third: warm milk chocolate and light black pepper. Licking my upper lip left notes of sweet brown sugar. Undertones of delicious wet cedar.

velocity: hitting every 60-90s

relights: 1 at 35 min after taking asorely needed 4min piss. Sweetness disappeared after relight.

at 35min: mediumfull bodied cedar and earth with no noticeable sweetness.

BRB need more rum adn coke

WARNING: I am *NOT* Brooks, so I defer to his more experienced palate on the tasting notes because he so often seems to like the same stuff I do. Just giving my noob best here.

@41m: sweetness returns while away mixing another r&c.

43M: making a burn correction for the first time: big V developing

44: ROFLMAO at some jackass trying to make it up the ice-covered hill outside my apartment.

Pepper is gone now. Getting lots of brown sugar and cedar. Sweetness most likely due to rum and coke, but really excellent pairing IMHO

48M: burn issues long gone

avg hit between 1m45s and 2m now. Draw is strong and burn is even. Taking 2 or 3 puffs at that interval.

smoothing out into a licoricey-white pepper taste with undertones of rye whiskey

@53m: pepper & sweetness are replaced by a SLIGHT woodsy note followed by a tiny bit of leather

@58m: sweeness returns - I like this flavor profile because I drink rum so much

@59M: reached 1/2 way point

@1:04 - creamy cedar notes are taking place - so f'ing cold iot here

as I pick up the pace due to freezing my gd ass off - sweetness returns;;; didi I mention this was like a superbly-aged dirty rat? I enjoy the DRs much more due to the stregth but the MK ultra has identicalflavor profile of a DR let rest for 4-6 monthsd.

1h9m: getting bitter - DRs dont' play me like that but in all honesty I chew them down in 1hr or less - cant resist

@1h12m: relighting - hard draw corrected immediately

@1h 15 min - bitter choclate remains - calling it a night at 1/4 remaining. Yes I realize I went from 1/2 way to 1/4 in the last 16min

Overall: been waiting for something to come close to the dirty rats. This is not a replacement but a reminder...probably buyinmg a box or two

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Can't believe I missed these... I saw them in my shop, bought a couple of singles of something else. Went back the next day and they had sold their allotment..... I have heard rumors of more being produced? I can hope right?

Great review!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks for the review.

I went through 5 of these forever ago and have been dying to buy a box; unfortunately they can't be located anywhere!

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Great review brotha! I bought a box of these locally earlier this evening.
(So I guess great minds think alike!)

Xingpao

Tobacco Whore
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Really good, really strong stick that stayed very consistent for me throughout. I smoked it to the tiniest of nubs. Only got 5, gave one away, and I wanna let the others sit a while before I try again.