What's new

Illusione Rex Review

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I was gifted a couple of these and could not find hardly any info on them at all so I thought I'd put up a little review.

Illusione
Rex
4x44 ??
Priced around $5
Currently only available at Fumare, Dion's shop in Reno, NV

Pre light
Cold draw is earthy, leathery and espresso. Draw feels a bit open, but not bad at all.

1/3
It starts off with cocoa powder, mexican chocolate flavor with a little bit of cinnamon. Quite earthy and a bit of toasted nut. Medium bodied and a steady solid burn.

2/3
Heading into the second third the leather earthy vibe take over. Cinnamon a bit more prevalent and a bit of sweetness comes around. Chocolate has taken a rest in the middle of this cigar.

3/3
As I get to the final third the earthy starts to turn back to cocoa powder. The cocoa, sweetness and toasted nuts make me think of brownies with nuts. I'm not going to call it a chocolate bomb, but more nutty earthy cocoa. It's definitely enjoyable. Quickly into the final third the draw tightens considerably and I notice I'm getting some tar build up even though I've been pulling slow draws the entire time.

Conclusion
Burn was great the whole time. Flavors were enjoyable. It definitely had that Illusione profile, but turned down a little. Never really picked up beyond medium in strength. I would peg the flavors at a solid medium, especially when compared to other cigars in the Illusione lineup. I would recommend you pick up a handful if you can get them. Great for a short smoke.

Final burn time was 45min.
I'm not really into the numbered rating scale because it always means something different to each person. I will say that anyone who enjoys the short smokes will likely enjoy these & anyone into Illusione will also be stoked on them.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
These look good. Who lives in NV here haha. Ill split a box so I can add to ordinance for bombs coming soon.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Does anyone know offhand if these are a mixed filler? Smoke Inn cites it as a slight variation on the Rothschild, so based solely on that I would assume so... No 50ct cabs available anymore.... Doh!

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Does anyone know offhand if these are a mixed filler?
According to HalfWheel:

Wrapper: Mexican San Andrés
Binder: Corojo 98 and Criollo 99
Filler: Nicaraguan Estelí & Jalapa
I saw their review, but they don't mention if it is long or mixed filler either... I'm sure no one wants to cut one open, but we could figure that if it can't hold ash for more than an inch it could be mixed...