What's new

Illusione with most pepper/spice ?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have really enjoyed the Illusiones that I have smoked. I am now in search of the one that gives the most pepper and spice.

What's your recommendation(s) ?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
For me, the MJ12, but any of the original document sticks are far more spicy when very fresh. I have some 68s from November and they're quite a bit spicier than the older ones I've had.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sure isn't the Epernay. That's the only one I have tried so far and it was fairly bland. The aroma was quite nice but not much flavor at all. I have another that I guess I will let rest a bit longer, hopefully it improves a bit.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My draw to illusione was that I found them not to have much pepper and spice. I usually turn to Pepin for my pepper sticks. Any reason you want an illusione with more pepper and spice? Just curious.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Any reason you want an illusione with more pepper and spice? Just curious.
A few years ago thanks to recommendations made by the Brothers here I ordered my first Illusione sticks and they happened to be a special one off
MKULTRAS.

It was a great blend ... very unique and it had pepper and spice to boot !
I'm not look for a pepper/spice per se as Pinar del Rio Sun Grown really float my boat in that arena. What I'm looking for is the Illusione blend that just happens to have the most pepper/spice in that particular line.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
A few years ago thanks to recommendations made by the Brothers here I ordered my first Illusione sticks and they happened to be a special one off
MKULTRAS.
Illusione will actually be releasing the MKUltras again sometime this year. I'm not sure if it's going to be a semi-regular line (like the ~hl~ Maduros and Candelas) or another one-time only batch, but they will be purchasable again.

As for me, fresh ~888s~ and fresh ~MJ12s~ have the most common type of spice notes (cinnamon, black pepper), whereas the ~cg:4~ and ~mks~ have a more ginger type of tang....

Last edited:

e-man67

Benny Hill's Understudy
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I don't think they are spicy at all. They are more sweet and clean tasting. The maduro might have a little...

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
68 hands down. I asked on twitter if dion could make that blend bigger and his reply was "there's a reason its so small." Damn jealous of someone who had a MKUltra.:) Glad they are coming back.