What's new

IM Corona Classico Lighter w/ burgundy leather wrap (Lots of pics)

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
So I started my lusting some months ago when a fella named Don posted up a review of this lighter. Now Ive finally given in to the lust and after searching out a vendor I not only was able to purchase one, but found a great B&M in the process.

I happened upon the website of this shop in Queensbury NY, a tad over 2 1/2 hrs away. As luck would have it, I have a customer in Queensbury that I had to service today. What luck.

Back to the review, roll that lighter footage.......

Once unboxed, you find a padded lid, padded on inside and out.

The lighter comes with a little IM Corona cleaning cloth type soft case.

Then the owners manual, warranty paperwork, and guarantee card

She is simply stunning...

It is a tad smaller than I was expecting. I dont know, I thought it would be bigger. It has a nice heft to it though. So you know you have some quality in your hand when holding it.

The bottom of it has a flame adjustment screw which turns easily with a fingernail.

Here it is with flame all the way on lowest setting.

The lighter has a flip open top, you flick the flint and the butane flame ignites instantly. The leather wrap has a sewn seam down the end side of unit.

Yes it was pricey, but as a birthday gift to myself, I couldn't be happier.

If you are ever up in the Queensbury area, check these folks out. They have more stuff than even my big Habana Premium in Albany has.

Ton and tons of lighters, cutters, hell they even have Room 101 jewelry.
Check them out. Great folks and super sharp setup. Lounge with leather and fireplace. Outside deck on back of building. Bar in lounge area. Cigars, Pipes, Coffee, just awesome..
Being so far away is probably a good thing or I would be here more than home.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Beautiful lighter! I am jealous i have always wanted one of these. Do you plan on using it for cigars or pipes? or both? I seem to always see these marketed more towards pipers. I am not sure if its ok to be the oddball using it to light my stogies :)

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Great review, I've always wanted one of these and have thought about trying the Xikar knock off. I always keep my eyes out for used ones.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Beautiful lighter! I am jealous i have always wanted one of these. Do you plan on using it for cigars or pipes? or both? I seem to always see these marketed more towards pipers. I am not sure if its ok to be the oddball using it to light my stogies :)
Yes mainly for cigars. Though I do enjoy a good bowl from time to time.
As to marketing towards pipe guys. From what I understand they make this in a side flame model as well as this top flame model. The side flame obviously more for pipe. I have the top flame and will use this as my main lighter for some time to start getting that worn look on the leather that I really admire.

Great review, I've always wanted one of these and have thought about trying the Xikar knock off. I always keep my eyes out for used ones.
I have no shortage of lighters for cigars. Though all of them are torches. I only tend to torch when Im in wind or for touch ups.
I really needed a good quality soft flame to replace the wooden matches that Ive been using as my normal lighting method.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
But damn - Queensbury is in the wrong direction.....
Yeah, I know.. But heh, Im coming out west for our yearly Pheasant hunt on Oct 22-26.

From 22-24 I will be staying in Elma, just off Transit. If you want to meet up 23 or 24 and have a cigar Ill be free most of the days. Hunting waterfowl in mornings, rest of the day just chilling and smoking cigars.

25-26 I will be down on farm in Little Valley, Pheasant hunting. Then Sunday driving back across state.

To all others, thanks for the compliments. Im loving this lighter.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
But damn - Queensbury is in the wrong direction.....
Yeah, I know.. But heh, Im coming out west for our yearly Pheasant hunt on Oct 22-26.

From 22-24 I will be staying in Elma, just off Transit. If you want to meet up 23 or 24 and have a cigar Ill be free most of the days. Hunting waterfowl in mornings, rest of the day just chilling and smoking cigars.

25-26 I will be down on farm in Little Valley, Pheasant hunting. Then Sunday driving back across state.

To all others, thanks for the compliments. Im loving this lighter.
Would love to. I put it on the calendar - will see if I can free up some time.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Nice lighter! I have been looking at those myself. Another item on my list.
I'll be the first to admit that Ive bought some cigar stuff over the years that I regret as a foolish purchase. This isnt one of them..the more I handle it, the more I love it. Definately a piece to pass down to next generation when time comes.