What's new

I'm here!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
On the way, I ran into traffic, ran over a dog, ran out of gas, and got pulled over by a cop who ran a warrant check on me, but I am finally here!

A little about my smoking history:

I started smoking cigarettes when I was about 7. Finally gave up those nasty things a year ago. Started smoking pipes a few years ago. Have always smoked the occasional stogie, but sad to say my tastes weren't always so sophisticated, which isn't surprising considering I was a cig smoker. Swishers were once my favorite cigar.

But, my foray into fine pipe tobaccos gave me a taste for fine tobacco in general, so lately I have had a taste for cigars that cost way more than Swisher Sweets, way more than good pipe tobacco, and way more than I can afford on a SSI disability check.

Needless to say I am on a mission to find cheap, but quality handmades, and I am trying not to smoke them too often. :sadpace:

Anyway, nice to meet you all.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Welcome aboard Seamas! If you can give us an idea on what you like so far and what you consider "cheap" :wink:, then we can probably help you out a bit better on your search. Also, do you prefer to buy a box of one type of cigars or would you rather have a variety (Say 5 5-packs) to choose from?

In the meantime, both JRCigars and CigarsInternational are some great places to find deals, not to mention cigarbid, which is the auction arm of CigarsInternational.

:welcome:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Welcome aboard Seamas! If you can give us an idea on what you like so far and what you consider "cheap" :wink:, then we can probably help you out a bit better on your search.
I figured there was time enough for that, and didn't want to hit people up for advice in the intro.

But since you asked. I'm looking for premium $30 cigars for 50cents each. :bottle:

Seriously, under $5 is basically what I'm looking for, with an average of $2-$3 being about right. Right now I tend to like the creamy, woodsy, chocolaty type of smokes better than the spicy. I tend to like the Robusto and smaller sizes (but not too small--petit corona maybe, but no cigarillos :smile:).

I prefer a variety, especially since I am relatively new and in a period of discovery, so 5-packs are good. Maybe a whole box if they're extra cheap, like the JR Alternatives, and occasionally, I wouldn't mind picking up some singles of some more expensive cigars to have on hand for those special times. There's a particular well-known type of cigar I would love to try a few of, but haven't seen any in singles from companies that appear to be reputable.
Currently I am looking at trying out some of those JR cigars, the "Limited Edition" alternatives (would like to try some of the ultimates, too, but they are by the box. OTOH, if they're good enough, maybe I won't need any other cigars) I am also picking up some singles of the Padron 2000, La Aroma de Cuba coronas, El Rey del Mundo Robustos, Gran Habano #5s, and Camacho Corojos.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks for ther welcome everyone.