What's new

I'm so loving Johnnie Walker Double Black

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I saw it tonight but grabbed the regular black label. The double was twice the price. Maybe next time?
Wow. Twice the price? I think it might be 10 bucks more than the regular black here. I keep eyeing it, but I'm not that big a fan of the regular black, so just haven't bitten.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I really enjoy the regular black. Never seen this double black you speak of but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it now.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
the double black is an isley-er version of the original, having the malted barley smoked with peat to give it that loamy "i eat mulch" quality. not laphraog by a long shot, but everything that walker makes is a good dram of whiskey.

dependent on the market, it should clock in between black and green, price wise.

and i think johnny is a producer of blended malts, not single. GOOD blended malts, but still...

WARDOGG

Crusher of Hopes & Dreams
Rating - 100%
10   0   2
Never heard of it and that's extremely odd for me when it comes to John.

My mouth watered at hearing of this....now the hunt begins for a bottle or 3.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Never heard of it and that's extremely odd for me when it comes to John.
I think it has been available for a while as a Duty Free exclusive product, but is now being made available in other markets.

I'm not HUGE on Johnnie Walker, but the Green is an awesome dram, and one I try to usually keep around.

And just because dudes reading this thread might find it interesting, one of my favorite actors, Robert Carlysle, telling Johnnie Walker's in a cool video that must have been a bitch to film in one take like it is:

[YOUTUBE]MnSIp76CvUI[/YOUTUBE]

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Is it a single Malt or a blend?

Cuz all other JW's are blend.
Just saying.

I have tried most of em.
and the Blue is amazing, but it is a blend.
It is a blend. All of Johnnie Walker's products are blends. I think Krishna was saying that even single malt guys need to try the double black.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Love the Double Black. Price wise, it is more than the Black, but I've seen it both slight less than and slightly more than the Green.

It is VERY peaty / smoky in flavor, and for those that like the Islay malts would REALLY like this one.

I'm a big Johnny fan and as worried as I was about bastardizing an already stunning lineup with a new entrant, I must say, my fears were put to rest.

BTW, twice the price of a regular black is just way off!

-F

bradb

Brown Label Crew
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Johnnie Black on the rocks is my go to when i'm out. I tried the double and would pick up some if I saw it in a store

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
IF you're ever flying international and see the Johnnie Walker XR (21 Year) ... buy it! It's priced roughly the same as the Gold rather than the Blue, even though its' 21-year and imvho better than the Blue.