What's new

I'm too cheap to buy a RabbitAir

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched some reviews on the rabbit air since i enjoy smoking inside. Its just a fan with multiple filters. So doing what you did made the same.product much cheaper, maybe noisier with no sensors but who cares. My solution is to just put a box fan in my window and put it backwards to exhaust the smoke out. Works pretty well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news, thanks for sharing! Do you have problems with the filter smelling? Or does the ozone generator take care of the smell filter?
Can you take a picture of the ozone generator too please?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ozone generator is the small black box behind the fan by the pig, 2nd picture from the bottom. The ozone helps with the majority of the smell but you still know you walked into a cigar room when you enter. Mjones9630 recommend Ozium car deodorizing beads and that stuff seams to knockout the remain cigar smells and freshens the air.

Still to early to tell how long the filter will last before it starts stinking, as of now I haven't noticed anything and it's been a couple of weeks but air quality is much better with the fan. I remove the dirty garbage can and ash tray after smoking and will probably move the fan once it starts generating odors.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I put a cheap green AC filter over the HEPA filter to remove the larger dust particles and extend the life of the more expensive HEPA filter

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I decided to change the filter in my "Rabbit'faux'Air". This is while using a standard AC dust filter as a prefilter so what you're seeing is mainly trapped smoke

I'd say it works

20180508_104435.jpg

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
How many sticks do you think it would filter at once? Ive been planning an exhaust system with a 6" duct fan, but if this works.. lol
I just need something that'll let the wife and kid sit in the office with me, without secondhand, and the ability to filter 4 or 5 at a time on poker nights. I'm running AC, so I'd really rather not blow all of my cold air out with a heavy exhaust, filtering would be better for sure

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
How many sticks do you think it would filter at once? Ive been planning an exhaust system with a 6" duct fan, but if this works.. lol
I just need something that'll let the wife and kid sit in the office with me, without secondhand, and the ability to filter 4 or 5 at a time on poker nights. I'm running AC, so I'd really rather not blow all of my cold air out with a heavy exhaust, filtering would be better for sure
Filtering for more than one smoker wouldn’t be efficient unless you get an old smoke eater from a local bar. A lot of them listed on CL too. Most bars still have them mounted and never removed them. Find a bar and make an offer on one if they have one :)

It’s basically scrap since they have no use for them anymore

I run a portable ac unit and exhaust fan 600CFM and it works great here

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Most important thing I have found is to have the fan where it draws the smoke immediately through the filter. If you are spread out around a table you may need multiple fans. Interesting thought to hang the fan over the table, smoke rises you know. If I'm in my small man cave it keeps up but after a couple of hours the smells are pretty strong. Adding a small exhaust fan definitely helped. The smoke eater idea is a good one and I'll keep an eye out on Craigslist. But for the cost this is a no brainer even if you go the smoke eater route. The box fan is about $20 and the Filtrete filters that are smoke removal rated are at sam's, pack of 4 for $40. For this price you can build several and put them around each smoking spot.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I love this idea.......another thing to try @Boudie is Whiff Out, we use it at the shop.....it REALLY works! And a little goes a long way. We have the basic stuff that you pour into the ashtrays they smell like detergent (which is better than stale smoke, but still), but they have added different scents now. I met the owner/creator last year at IPCPR and he's a great guy, and I believe in his product, because IT WORKS!!!!! Try it out

https://www.famous-smoke.com/search?kw=WHIFF OUT

*edit* I have not used the spray yet

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yep the Filtrete to the back of the fan and the dust filter to the Filtete. I have an ozone generator that will remove the smells over night, obviously can't use it while in the room. Mike suggested a deodorizer, the name of which I do not remember and I'm to lazy to go outside and look but I'll look into the stuff you recommend.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yep the Filtrete to the back of the fan and the dust filter to the Filtete. I have an ozone generator that will remove the smells over night, obviously can't use it while in the room. Mike suggested a deodorizer, the name of which I do not remember and I'm to lazy to go outside and look but I'll look into the stuff you recommend.
I also have an ozone thing a majigger, and it works, but can't be in the room with it on, I usually leave it on all night. The Whiff Out stuff will be nice so the wife and kid can sit in there, and not smell the smoke. Trust me, they will notice the difference.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I love this idea.......another thing to try @Boudie is Whiff Out, we use it at the shop.....it REALLY works! And a little goes a long way. We have the basic stuff that you pour into the ashtrays they smell like detergent (which is better than stale smoke, but still), but they have added different scents now. I met the owner/creator last year at IPCPR and he's a great guy, and I believe in his product, because IT WORKS!!!!! Try it out

https://www.famous-smoke.com/search?kw=WHIFF OUT

*edit* I have not used the spray yet
+1 for whiff out. I use it in my truck ashtray and it’s worth every dollar spent. No smoking for me in the house (yet) but I do like this idea though with the box fan.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk