What's new

Impending doom

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I usually go to the garage to get away from any cold wind, I use a small space heater to warm a little. Other than that, bundle up. And I don't smoke nearly as much in the cold winter months.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
My current living situation prevents me form having a heater big enough for my garage, and I'm not suppose to smoke there either....silly base rules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Heard they have good hunting there? Saw a guide service here in Denver, NC that does guided hunts up there? Seems legit?!?
My buddy's dad always has a group of guys from Georgia that hunt on his land up there. Been doing it for like 20 years. They throw some cash his way no doubt, but I have no idea how much. He feeds them, gives them a place to sleep and tours them around on a few sections of his land for whitetail. Another group comes up for goose hunting. So yeah, it could be legit.

KK33

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well the smoking season up here in Miont ND is coming to an end (At least for me) the winter months up here are a bit chilly.....lmao
I'm in Wisconsin so I know how you feel although probably not as cold as Minot at times. No smoking smoking laws only one place that I know of that stays open late night where you can smoke cigars - a few other cigar shops close early.
I have a finished lower level - I put in a futon, seats from Wrigley Field, poker table, juke box. It's got a fireplace and I put I a reversible fan & an ionizer - so I'm all set for the winter.
You can always put in fire pit. My brother did that and smokes outside all winter long - the thing gets quite hot.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
If you brothers in the cold country make it down my way I have a mancave with every thing you need. Come on by and enjoy a cigar, cold one or bourbon.

"Life's journey is not to arrive in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, "Shouting....Holy Shit....what a ride!"

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well folk, a few years ago I got tired of freezing my butt off in the NE winters. My back porch has a metal patio roof. I spent $100 on 2x3s and R4 foam sheathing. I built a 6' x 6' framed room under the patio roof and covered the walls with the R4. I cut an opening up high on one side, away from where I would be sitting, and installed a fan for exhaust. Then cut a small hole opposite for fresh air intake.

I had one of those 85,000 BTU high hat heaters. I cut it down so that the flame was head level when sitting. Added a 32" flat screen, and now I have a nice, comfy place to smoke on cold nights.

I had put it together with screws, as I meant to take it down during the summer. Instead, I added a cheapie 5,000 BTU A/C unit from Sams, once the temps rose into the 90s.

It may look redneck (like me), but it was super cheap, and does the job.

David

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Yeah...the regular season is quickly coming to a close for me here in Minnesota also. When I crave a smoke in the wintertime it usually requires a drive somewhere. Since the closest lounge is more than 100 miles away, "a drive" means using my Mazda portable smoking lounge. :driving: