What's new

In a fit of rage

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
my wife accused me of being an alcoholic

"I was in you office every day this week, I never see you drinking but you always have a half empty bottle of Elijah Craig on your desk! I know you are hiding your drinking from me! "

After hours of "discussing" the matter I don't think she ever understood that if I was an alcoholic the bottle wouldn't always be .......half empty?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What drives me crazy is that she has developed a taste for $60 a bottle wine. She'll open it, pour a glass, three days later pour another glass then complain that the bottle went bad. I could drink some really overpriced booze at $30 glass

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Now that's funny Chuckie speaking coonass!!

She also wants me to cut my cigars back to two a week.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cigars and booze....my wife loves wine and at $20 a bottle it can get a lil expensive around the house. My cigar habit got a bit crazy the last decade but I rarely buy anything these days as I've got more than I can smoke...2540 at last count. I love Drambuie and get 1 bottle a month so for $35 that's pretty cheap.

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
My wife always tells me "you don't need another bottle" or "you can't afford more whiskey" or "you have enough whiskey". But other than that she doesn't say much about me drinking a dram a few nights a week. I guess I'm lucky because that can be a tricky conversation. Best of luck @Boudie

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Ouch! I'm lucky when I can find Weller green label. I knowingly overpaid for the last bottle of it but at least they had it, which is rare around here.
You’d be surprised how many shops have it and blantons in the back. Have to find a way to ask without sounding like a flipper.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My wife always tells me "you don't need another bottle" or "you can't afford more whiskey" or "you have enough whiskey". But other than that she doesn't say much about me drinking a dram a few nights a week. I guess I'm lucky because that can be a tricky conversation. Best of luck @Boudie
There are tons of vices that we entertain and they all come with a price tag....when that price tag gets to be too high then it comes a situation of self imposed regulation. Cigars are cheaper than visiting a psychologist at $150 an hour ( a box of great cigars can be had at $150 ).....good whiskey for $35 .....750 ml size give or take at liquor stores. I love golf so my lifestyle was getting out of hand.....18 holes ran me $75 for green fees and cart and lunch was $15 at Torrey Pines in San Diego......TPC courses in Scottsdale or Troon North ran in the $200 plus arena so it was a trifecta of expensive hobbies. My wife loves wine, shoes and purses so it was a weekly debate as to who spent more on our hobbies and the flow chart of expenses made quite the impact on both of us.....we have since adjusted our reality and compromised on cutting things down to 50%.....I won't compromise on cigars.....she wont compromise on her wine....life is all about compromise.