What's new

In memoriam

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yesterday at around 5:30pm, one of my absolute best friends of over 18 years passed away suddenly and without warning from a massive heart attack at 33 years old. He had no history of health issues, was in reasonable shape, was a regular blood donor, and didn't abuse any substances. His death has paralyzed our extremely close group of high school friends, and we're all having all hard time understanding how and why something like this could happen to such a genuine, selfless, and perpetually happy person.

After spending some time with his family last night, I went home and, in the midst of some good friends and excellent company, lit up an Angel's Anvil, with thanks to ATL, as a fitting tribute to my departed friend, who I have shared many a cigar with over the years. Rest in peace, Bill. I don't know what we're going to do without you.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
We just lost someone suddenly last night as well. It really puts things in perspective sometimes. I am praying for their family.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Loss is such a personal thing esp. with those with whom we've had a close relationship. It's hard to see how life keeps going while we feel our world has just come to a stop. I think what you did by taking some personal time to reflect on your friend with a cigar....that's such a positive thing for you to continue as a survivor but yet give honor to him...never forgetting for such a perfect gift of friendship he gave to you and what you had for him. We honor those who go before we do and it should tell us to honor them even more when they are here.....relationships are gifts that should be taken care of while we have them.

Last edited: