What's new

In need of help from my brothers!!!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Big screen TV's several of them, and a gaming system with some games. I know Cigar smokers are a bunch of old fuddy duddies, but there is a group of younger guys who grew up on video games and would just as soon play Call of Duty as they would watch the Masters. Dart boards, are fun and don't take up much room. 2-3 boards in the corner, and you know where to find me.
If I walked into a cigar lounge with a good game of CoD or Battlefield Bad company 2 going on, I would pull up an air mattress and live there.
I moved, but back in MD I have a pretty good sized group of friends all around 18-21 that would love a place that doesn't cater 100% to the older generation, so I'm sure there must be more like us. Not that I have a problem with a good old fashioned cigar lounge, but I think it would be nice for us youngsters to be recognized.

Oh, and have good ol sweet tea on hand. There's nothing I love more after a wonderful smoke. Plus, good coffee and non-alcoholic drinks are a good idea if you do decide to care about us young people :p

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm only. 22. So. Young smokers I know so there will be a lot of things for the younger crowd too. Specking of. That what games. Would. U want to see? Were going to have ps3 and 360

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Big screen TV's several of them, and a gaming system with some games. I know Cigar smokers are a bunch of old fuddy duddies, but there is a group of younger guys who grew up on video games and would just as soon play Call of Duty as they would watch the Masters. Dart boards, are fun and don't take up much room. 2-3 boards in the corner, and you know where to find me.
if no video games, dart boards are always classy. cheers!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well I'm only. 22. So. Young smokers I know so there will be a lot of things for the younger crowd too. Specking of. That what games. Would. U want to see? Were going to have ps3 and 360
AWESOME. I'm a 360 guy, so as far as those-
Modern warfare 2, Halo 3 (the ultimate multiplayer haha, and you can get it mad cheap), Madden is an absolute necessity, and a good racing game would be a good idea as well.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Have a cot or a sleeping bag on hand too. Then I could smoke, drink, and play games without my wife complaining....and then have a place to sleep when she finds out what I'm doing!

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
As my B & M owner suggests, open a franchise of another store that has a good selection. You will be hard pressed to get any Tatuaje, Liga Privada, Fuente, and the like without a prior account, or a boatload of money.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Ventilation with plenty of seating and room to get around. Good coffee bar is a must. Best of success with your venture.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all my brothers for the support it makes me feel so much better about opening my own place. And just to let yall know all brothers will receive a discount just not sure how much yet.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cigar List.
This is the list i plan to carry. please tell me if i forgot something

Acid
Alec bradley
Arturo Fuente
Ashton
Avo
Baccarat
Camacho
CAO
Cohiba
Cuesta Rey
Davidoff
Don Carlos
Don Diego
Excalibur
Gurkha
H.Upmann
Helix
Hoya De Monterrey
Macanudo
Montecristo
Nat sherman
Omar Ortiz
Partagas
Punch
Rockey Petal
Romeo y juleta
Saint luis Rey
Cain
Nud
Oliva
Carlos torano
la flor dominica
Man o war
Zino
Tatuaje
Cruzado
perdomo
padron

Tell if i should add or lose anything

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nuds are awsome, i love the mad nub its sum of the best maduro ive ever had. and theres not much rocky makes isnt good, theres a little bit for every one just depends on your taste.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course you can't please everyone, but I appreciate a quiet area away from the TV, where I can either work, or read, or get into a good conversation. In general, I don't like bars with loud music. I look to cigar smoking as something soothing.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
In my experience, Helix and Baccarat will never move. They're cheap, but not cheap enough for the guys that smoke the $30-40 bundles, and anyone that's buying because they actually like cigars will grab something like an Oliva G, Punch, or Sancho Panza at or near the same price point.

Don Diego babies sold at my old shop, but nothing else, for the same reasons listed above. H. Upmann didn't move worth a damn, either.

A couple of other things:

I see Cruzado up there, but not Illusione. You need to carry Illusione if you can. Our old shop didn't because of the scale of their production back then, and we suffered for it. It's a popular brand, not too pricey, and it'll move.

I'd also advise you to carry the DPG lines.

I'm not sure if you're already talking to reps about carrying these products, but if you haven't, you're probably not aware of how branding, etc., works in the business. If you're gonna carry Altadis and General products, they're gonna want you to carry more brands of their products than you'd like. If you're gonna carry Davidoff/Zino (and to a lesser extent Fuente and Ashton), each is likely going to want "preferred" placement in your shop such that they stand out - usually the stuff right in front of you when you open the door to the Humi. That can be a pain, because as a retailer, you want to give that spot to something that moves well and gives you a higher ROI.

If you're running a lounge, you want dark tile/wood floors, hopefully for obvious reasons. You'll want solid (preferably modular) lighting, and dark wall paint, as well.

Also, incentivize staying around. Good ventilation, keep coffee and water available, as well as menus for local restaurants that deliver. If there's a game on, leave the shop open til a half-hour after it's over. If you're gonna do a lounge, don't forget that you're providing a service as well as selling a product.

If a newly-released stick has a buzz about it, be the first shop in the area to get a box or two (even if you have to pay at or near retail), and send out an email announcement that you have it, and that it's a limited supply. It gets folks in the shop, and if it moves, you can develop the vendor relationship to make more money on the next box.

Humi floor space will be limited, and you need to think about what will sell best per square foot. That may mean carrying the full line of Tats and four sizes of Macanudo, or the opposite, and you just have to watch/listen to your patrons to get that ratio correct.

Good luck.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being new on the forum and newer to lounge smoking I would have to say patient knowledgeable staff are key. Someone who's not gonna be bothered by my many questions.